Baofeng radios

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have none of the so called 10 watt baofeng radios? Or the waterproof radios right?
No my last was a 8 Watt but I see they are claiming 10 Watt now. I would have to varify that power before I believed it. I do have a couple of TYT 10 Watt Radios though and they tested in the mid-9's. I have not tried the waterproof models as I have the old style mics and have had good service from them in our damp environment.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never had the testers when i tested my TYT 10 watts, i physically went out with a box full of different radios and drove a kilometer at a time. The tyt was about even with the GT-5TP... almost anyway. The 10 watt boafengs will reach a couple hundred yards if the ground is flat, at least all the ones i tested anyway. My advice... do not buy one.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I have a pair of baofeng from a member on here who sells them they came with long antennas and mic-speakers w covers they work great. Have been over a km apart and no issues on VHF.

Last edited:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never had the testers when i tested my TYT 10 watts, i physically went out with a box full of different radios and drove a kilometer at a time. The tyt was about even with the GT-5TP... almost anyway. The 10 watt boafengs will reach a couple hundred yards if the ground is flat, at least all the ones i tested anyway. My advice... do not buy one.

We were talking to buddy in his house from the repeater tower at Sale to his place in revy with those 10w radios we’ve had decent luck with them. Had to put pre filter over mics.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ordered no less than 20 10 watt radios, and i maybe have a couple 10 watts coming yet again. At one time the Zastone A-19 worked good not no more, and the quansheng had some ok results the rest had poor results if you ask me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom