Baofeng radios

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Other annoying issue we get with them is when one decides to do constant random static bursts. I carry a spare to switch out when one decides to go bonkers.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The coloured ones are the ones that work from another source. I have generally been happy with the buafengs performance. Garmin Rino is a overrated toy.

Like I said I wasn’t posting to bash you or your business. But you posted that yours don’t have issues. Or that you don’t get any back anyway.

I did email you about my issue and as mentioned you couldn’t find my order as it was purchased as a group order by another individual. At the Time you were offering better pricing for orders of 12. You told me to try contact cleaner.

Based on your response and what shipping costs were likely gonna be I cut my losses and ordered myself another 5 colourful ones from another source under my own name so could deal with warranty issues if needed.

Live and learn. Save a buck on a group buy and pay later.

The 4 black radios we did receive from you all had the same bad connection issue in the Mic connection jack.

I’ll send them back to you at my cost and you can test them yourself and verify they were yours however you want. I don’t need new ones.
On the back behind the battery if it says UV-82XR then it is one of mine if not, nope.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 9E490C82-A7BA-41D8-9134-6EAD63829280.jpeg
    9E490C82-A7BA-41D8-9134-6EAD63829280.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 181

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would have thought there would have been some response from RGM.
on what? one radio that the client hasn't even contacted me about. At least 50% of radio problems is user error. Oh and Carl just order another 5 radios on top of the other 5 he ordered. Here is a message I got from a Whistler patroler that wanted his own radio while patroling and bought a Baofeng from me. "Thanks. Solid work on my radio. It’s been flawless." Whistler Patrol uses motorola

H-D

Reaction score
Buy from Ray, you won't be disappointed. Great product and follow up. He'll help you out and answer any questions or concerns. Good luck getting any after sale service from ebay, amazon or china.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a normal retailer need to see your radio license to sell it to you?
Normally, yes. ISED went around to radio dealers a few years ago and gave us all the shakedown about selling programmed radios with unlicensed channels.

IMO, who cares when you're out in the back country. Your chance of interfering with a licensed user is about the same chance of me knocking up Jennifer Lawrence.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Other annoying issue we get with them is when one decides to do constant random static bursts. I carry a spare to switch out when one decides to go bonkers.
2:46 in muskokas video. How do you turn this feature off?

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chirp has their suggested squelch settings, a lot higher than what comes stock with these radios, I get back about 5 radios every 1000 or so. It is probably higher than that but people are polite and just eat what they purchased.

Last edited:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have old stock, are not all the new Baofeng's locked from the factory to only transmit on HAM freq? Meaning they are useless for GMRS?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
2:46 in muskokas video. How do you turn this feature off?

Is that an actuall transmit from another persons radio?
You hear a blip at the end which is indicative of when someone transmitts on a rhino.

A lot of times our group finds that the placement of their radio is in a bad location (on their back pack stap/avy bag) and seem to accidentally hit the transmit button depending on body postion or head position.
We let them know and they repostion and problem solved.

The ongoing static sound is sometimes a pain in the ass.
I beleive this is squelch setting or other interferance?
Question for RGM/Ray as he knows the Baofeng really well.

I also seen this year people abuse their radios.

EG: stretching the ch!t out of the mic chord, not protected in a case or something and loosely moving around in pack, throwing across table in cabin for other to use, dropped on cabin floor.

Not my way of choice to treat a radio that I am relying on for safety or emergency in the back country....Just me, but I look after my ch!t, which I am sure 99.9% of sledders do.

But no one ever mentions anything like that ever happened to their radio.
Not saying any Snow and Mud people do this.
This was mostly skiiers....LOL.

Excellent service and great radios from Ray... By far, hands down.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all have Rays radios as well. The only issue we have is when we have 2 users that are on a custom bca channel that we have to match the frequency. We now have a cheat sheet that helps most of the time. But I prefer our own custom set up channel, we never have any others on the same channel. Also my radio is in a Tupperware container in my avy bag.
I like the Tupperware idea, got any pics of how you modified it to work with antenna and sit in your pack?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I like the Tupperware idea, got any pics of how you modified it to work with antenna and sit in your pack?
I was using a plastic container but that broke in my pack when it was cold and I did a nice dismount from my sled...LOL.
Not intended one. Lost my talent, Should have zigged, instead of zagged.....Bwhaaa.
(Some folks like Skegro, use a hard case from canadain tire, 10 he paid if I remember correctly)

I found a nice solid pencil/pen case at walmart.
Radio fits nice.
Zippered closure. Zips up from bottom to the top. Allowing a small opening for mic cable and antenna, Has never come unzipped. Fits nicely in pack.
Put a koozy over face (put whole unit into Koozy) to protect front/back and added soft protection.

Remove antenna, and everthing will fit inside for storage including mic and charger.
Cheap also. 5.00 bucks.
Over 2 years of sledding and quading on this set up and still works fine. Radios look brand new.
Only differance is' I now have new mic covers on, The ones from RGM.

Link for canadian tire case below.....
$11.49 is the cost.
Requires some hole saw cutting for antenna and posibly on/off switch.

20210107_151326.jpg20210107_151228.jpg20210107_151336.jpg

Attachments​

• IMG_5994.jpg
    IMG_5994.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 106

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One other thing to try is make sure TDR is set to off, just giving you some hope. But really overcoming a hardware issue may not be possible.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that an actuall transmit from another persons radio?
You hear a blip at the end which is indicative of when someone transmitts on a rhino.

A lot of times our group finds that the placement of their radio is in a bad location (on their back pack stap/avy bag) and seem to accidentally hit the transmit button depending on body postion or head position.
We let them know and they repostion and problem solved.

The ongoing static sound is sometimes a pain in the ass.
I beleive this is squelch setting or other interferance?
Question for RGM/Ray as he knows the Baofeng really well.

I also seen this year people abuse their radios.

EG: stretching the ch!t out of the mic chord, not protected in a case or something and loosely moving around in pack, throwing across table in cabin for other to use, dropped on cabin floor.

Not my way of choice to treat a radio that I am relying on for safety or emergency in the back country....Just me, but I look after my ch!t, which I am sure 99.9% of sledders do.

But no one ever mentions anything like that ever happened to their radio.
Not saying any Snow and Mud people do this.
This was mostly skiiers....LOL.

Excellent service and great radios from Ray... By far, hands down.
Ya that one with the chirp sounds like somebody polling on a rhino.

It’s When one radio in the group decides to go crazy with static bursts like that during a break, but all the others in the group are silent. (All on the same non FRS channels in remote quiet zones.

Squelch cranked to the max on all units (9)

Top Bottom