Ban on small engines in California

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s cool. I’m a big fan of Milwaukee tools.
Finally found the picture I took of it.

Agree its neat, and Milwaukee tools usually don't disappoint, but it would be handy in very specific scenarios that done use a lot of power.
Screenshot_20211011-091707_Gallery.jpg

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bypassing an emissions system is illegal, and it can be in forced. Any state or province that does yearly inspections will also tell you this. A deleted truck or car with a non DOT approved exhaust will fail an inspection, and you cannot register that vehicle with a failed inspection.
20 years ago I seen the EPA doing emissions testing on trucks exhaust at rest areas.
On a duramax forum I’m a member of, talking about deletes are against forums rules because deleting is against the law.

Absolutely it is, but doesn't mean it still doesn't happen.

I don't see someone going around California to make sure everyone's gas powered equipment was made before 2024. Besides from the way I read it the act of selling within California is illegal, not the act of possession and use.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely it is, but doesn't mean it still doesn't happen.

I don't see someone going around California to make sure everyone's gas powered equipment was made before 2024. Besides from the way I read it the act of selling within California is illegal, not the act of possession and use.
never underestimate how overzealous those dudes in California are. Whats the first thing you encounter when you cross the boarder into California?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take exhaust system deletes as diesel trucks as an example, according to the EPA they are illegal, a quick search on Google or any social media site would show it's a law that can't fully be enforced.
They can and they will. Gotta watch who you piss off.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never underestimate how overzealous those dudes in California are. Whats the first thing you encounter when you cross the boarder into California?

Inspection station. Maybe exhaust deletes were a bad example, but I really wouldn't be too worried about having a leaf blower confiscated.

Regardless, I don't live there and don't plan to so not really an issue for me.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can and they will. Gotta watch who you piss off.
Hasn't there recently been a few diesel performance shops across the states getting slammed with massive fines and cops showing up on their doorstep? For selling deletes, tunes etc? I don't agree with it but it was only a matter of time before the EPA started going after the little guys. How much longer till we start seeing older vehicles and equipment banned from the road/jobsites? I'm honestly surprised that Trans Mountain in all their wisdom didn't ban the old Cat side booms (583s, 594s specifically) for the jobsite.

As for California, how many manufacturers are gonna move their HQ to other states (ie Texas) or fold completely? Does this ban include bikes, quads and sleds? All the major MX players are in So.Cal and have been since the sport began.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there is more.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
California - Banning gas engines
Also California - planting rice and almonds in a semi-arid landscape (almonds take a huge amount of H20 to grow at the rate Cali produces them)
Also California - watering golf courses in the desert
Also California - Some of the highest taxes and a state debt of over $2 Trillion, with an unsustainable amount of infrastructure deficit looming over their head in the next 10 - 15 years.

When the movie stars and music stars start driving driving around in a Toyota Prius in their music videos and movies, then California can preach to the rest of the world with a condescending attitude.

The history of water in California is very interesting. Everytime I hear some hollywood mouthpiece spout off about the oil sands, I send an email to their fan mail with the history of California's water rights violations.

A great perspective -

Fawk California. Biggest hypocritical state in the US.

Top Bottom