B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The link and screenshot i sent is current . That's the rules if you test positive

The link you sent is if you are a close contact

Minimum of 10 days of a core symptom.
So a individual walks around town knowing they have a sore throat, oh I better go get a test. They test positive and they have a minimum of 10 days off. But you get labeled as a close contact and after your test you get 14 days off with a negative test.

Dont be a close contact, if you get labeled as a close contact your on days off regardless of the test results.
Read the Q&A, and avoid being labled as close contact.
Why get a test, and run a risk of a false positive?

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a individual walks around town knowing they have a sore throat, oh I better go get a test. They test positive and they have a minimum of 10 days off. But you get labeled as a close contact and after your test you get 14 days off with a negative test.

Dont be a close contact, if you get labeled as a close contact your on days off regardless of the test results.

One possible advantage of having a positive is you may be able to avoid being required to have the vaccine

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't plan on testing positive, would create one hell of an issue at work, that's the big issue for me. I sure as hell am not taking a 'required' vaccine

One possible advantage of having a positive is you may be able to avoid being required to have the vaccine

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My uncle has been listed as a close contact now twice since October. 28 days in condo jail.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What don’t kill ya makes ya stronger. Remember shady Shepard’s did this to stupid sheeple. CCP flung poo an got it all over everyone. To the BC folks offering accoms ��. BC crews never lets me down solid folks. Get what ya can this season where ya can. Smoke em if ya got em.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Apparently lots of Albertans are more than willing to report neighbors for non-compliance with Covid…. 911 was inundated with calls and they are reminding folks that 911 is for emergencies only and ratting out a neighbor is not an emergency.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues when we were in mcbride this past weekend. Went into petro canada all wearing masks. Business as usual. Was a bit suprised at the amount of people in the belle cabin when I opened the door then just walked away.

I would not say Mcbride was Business as usual, you definitely need to plan breakfast and supper or be prepared to wait in line.

I did feel the town was very warm amd inviting to outsiders tho, lots of sledders I seen following the guidelines.
Hopefully the cabins will not become a issue.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
There's a lot of people around lately that need to drink more milk. Milk is good for your teeth. You know what else is good for your teeth??? Minding your own fawking business!!
Apparently lots of Albertans are more than willing to report neighbors for non-compliance with Covid…. 911 was inundated with calls and they are reminding folks that 911 is for emergencies only and ratting out a neighbor is not an emergency.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Blue river this weekend. All was good with the locals, but when I got to my hotel, there were signs everywhere stating masks were mandatory. I had mine on, so no biggie. When I went to my room there were a bunch of sledders standing in the hallway chatting. I didn't want to be a dick and say anything, but I actually had to ask them to move so I could get by them in the hallway. When we went to the restaurant, we wore our masks till we sat down. A group of 5 sledders walked in, and by our table, laughing and talking, no masks on of course. Kinda pissed me off. If you actually give a **** about the sport, and want to keep it open for Albertans in BC, follow protocol, whether you agree with it or not. I am doing my part, why should I have to pay for other peoples ignorance?? I would recommend packing gloves to wear at the pumps as well.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Blue river this weekend. All was good with the locals, but when I got to my hotel, there were signs everywhere stating masks were mandatory. I had mine on, so no biggie. When I went to my room there were a bunch of sledders standing in the hallway chatting. I didn't want to be a dick and say anything, but I actually had to ask them to move so I could get by them in the hallway. When we went to the restaurant, we wore our masks till we sat down. A group of 5 sledders walked in, and by our table, laughing and talking, no masks on of course. Kinda pissed me off. If you actually give a **** about the sport, and want to keep it open for Albertans in BC, follow protocol, whether you agree with it or not. I am doing my part, why should I have to pay for other peoples ignorance?? I would recommend packing gloves to wear at the pumps as well.
It's frustrating to see that happen. While I don't believe the extent of response to COVID is necessarily warranted, how hard is it to throw a face flap on to keep the peace and show respect to the small communities we visit. Guys that defy such basic rules and the likely same guys that are doing 150 pulling a sled trailer through a snow storm, travel in to off limits riding areas, and ignore significant avalanche risk in the name of a good time. Just plain stupid.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This attitude, and a lack of respect to the locals and the restrictions is what will ruin our season.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve never wore a mask since the plandemic stArted. **** it. Not doing it has been my attitude. But when I went to Revelstoke this year I did. . I’ll do anything to Snowmobile except for su;( di(k. So while in revelstoke for first time in a year I actually wore a mask because I was representing sledders. But that said I live in Alberta. On a daily basis I see plates from New York. Washington. Manitoba Saskatchewan British Columbia, Alaska, everyone rapes and pillages Albertas economy and it’s OK. But God for bid you go to bee c.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This attitude, and a lack of respect to the locals and the restrictions is what will ruin our season.

exactly. There are enough leaf-licker groups who are looking for ways to kill the motorized off road industry. Why give anyone more ammo to help their cause. Will it really kill you to wear a mask for those few minutes you are in a place of business? Doubt it ...and if you are going to use the "can't do it"..."hard to breathe"..."oxygen excuse", you likely aren't an active person who would be sledding in the mountains either....

Like it or not, its part of our world right now....just do it and help maintain a positive vibe towards the sledding industry.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I got busted yesterday! The first time I have had to wear a mask.

I was in Home Hardware tying some pieces of dressed fir together with some shrink wrap on a dolly to go to the cashier and a staff member came up to me and asked that I put on a mask. "If you don't have one, I'll give you one free." I stated that I have one but with breathing problems I don't wear it. His retort was, "we have had quite a few customers get belligerent and aggressive about customers in the store without a mask so to keep out work place kind of calm would you please wear a mask."

I understand his concern, know the rules, and I also see where he is coming from to keep the business open and not pay some stupid fine. I do not really want to rock the boat but if we all lay down and don't have a little push back what is gong to happen next? There is no way in hell we will return to normal if we are all a bunch of sheep. This is bigger than the phucking virus and people need to see it for what it is. The media isn't doing diddly squat and what they are doing is only making things worse.

Most of the locals are concerned but there are two groups; those like myself and those that are the sheep and Karons/Brads of the community. The bullies and intimidators that feel they have a platform that nobody will stand up against. When you watch the news (if you can even call it news anymore) and see the small business stories about losing their livelihood and closing their doors forever, it kind of makes one wonder. There has to be give and take on both sides and I like the statement above from Mike270412.

You Albertans' (I sound like Don Cherry), can't control what happens to your season. You can come across the border and follow all the rules and be great tourists but the Karons/Brads will get to local governments and will complain about the numbers of cases that the media keep on perpetuating and want everything shut down. Knee jerk reaction from the government.................mandatory masks (even tho' many professionals have an opinion that they do nothing), social distancing, restricted travel, stay in your own little bubble (but allow the big box stores to have hundreds of people milling around), and God forbid if you hug some one or shake their hand. Enough already.........send it!!

Maybe this should be in "Post your rant here" thread.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a business owner I can not fight the government. I don't have the time or the resources to risk getting shut down, my family and my staffs families rely on me keeping things running. I have to follow the guidelines same as all other business regardless of my personal beliefs. Call me a sheep or whatever, I'm doing what I have to do.

Top Bottom