avalanche fatalitys..Golden Feb 19

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OOH, That is the bowl in Hope.
I have 4 friends that went there today.
I called them all, and there was no answer.

They have advanced avy training, so I hope it wasn't them.

NOT GOOD!!!:(

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
Condolences to the families. Looks like Hope Creek area. Scarey big avy path's to cross in there. Big ones hadn't slid yet when we were out there last weekend too. Ride safe out there people!!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the families. Looks like Hope Creek area. Scarey big avy path's to cross in there. Big ones hadn't slid yet when we were out there last weekend too. Ride safe out there people!!

I know they take the lower path to avoid the BIG avy path..

The mountain in the article seems to be the one south of the main bowl on the south east section of the riding area. Bad terrain trap to cross. Fingers crossed.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from my friends, they are all ok.
They saw a few sledders in that valley, and didn't stick around, just because of the terrain trap. Sounds like the casualties were sitting at the bottom while watching the climbers. (from what they saw)
They were stopped by the police @ donald and questioned. They were unaware.

BIG RELIEF! but my condolences go out to all that know them.:(:(:(

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolances to the family and friends. A prayer for the injured person. Sad , I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very Sad!..condolences to family's! Hope the injured has a speedy recovery. Gotta b super aware and careful with this weird weather this year!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the one reason i dont like hope.. we allways call it " hope you get out"

but still my condolances to friends and familys.

and for a speedy recovery for the injured!

p.s. does anyone wanna jump throught the comp and bash the heads of the comments on the arcical from that go gooders that sit at home and judge people for what that do..

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i am not sure what to say to this but i was one of the guys helping to dig the four out. The one i dug out survived. The other 3 did not as they were burried in over 1meter of snow. We did manage to get evyone recovered if you will. I cannot image the pain the one kid now has as one was a family member that passed. Myself i was out with my mom and da that day and it sends chills down my spin to think we left 10min before this thing let go. I would call it a class 3 or 4avy. 1meter deep and 500meters across. I got to say that i will really be rethinkin my appoarch of mountain sledding after this incident and my tools for recovery. Personally the image of those 3 guys and this event will be around for a while.Shovelling is the biggest thing here and u have no idea until you have done it.

For the guy who has made it, my condolences to you and your family. And if you need someone to ring up about this, feel free to give me a call.

Ps the bowl was the one where you travel to the east once through the trees. Then turn south. Up and over and down to the bottom. The north face from the bottom let go.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My condolences go out to the families and friends of the 3 people that perished in this avalanche. And I wish a speedy full recovery for the other sledder involved. And koodo's to the other group of sledders that came to the rescue, not everyone can be rescued all the time but your courage and bravery has made a difference in someones life.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Condolences to family and friends......... Oler: I've been there and wouldn't want to trade you for anything. Friggin' avy's..........my daughter is out in elkford without me for the first time in her life........... Has me worried sick. Jus sayin ............

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families in this time.

Top Bottom