Avalanche Back Pack

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody buy the escape 30 pack at the sled shows? How much were they? I Just bought a used one at my local Yammy Dealer for $800. It was one of their rental packs and only went out a couple times. Did I get a good deal?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About $250 less than a new bag. Did they check the charge of your cartrige or just give you a new one. You can check your own cartrige charge by weighing them. there is a sticker on the side of cartrige in grams.... if weight drops by 5 grams (weigh it on a GOOD scale) use it as a tester and get a refill. You don't necissarly need a new charge every year.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They told me on the phone it was good to go. Thanks for the info on the cartridge weight. I'll make sure to check it out tomorrow when I pick it up. How much are new cartridges and where can a guy get them? Are they the same as Air Pistol CO2

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I paid 1025.00 for mine and they let me put it on and pull the handle to test it and then they gave me a new cylinder and firing pin.When you pull the trigger you have to replace the cylinder and the handle which is the firing pin,Cost for replacement is 180.00 so carefull not to set it off.Ask Ron,his worked great in the hotel room,LOL! LMAO! BA! HA!......Sorry Ron,I had too!
catmando!

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the handle is the pin. Girlfriend picked it up for me this morning and the Parts guy told her they put a new handle on it! Last guy to rent it must have tried it out in his hotel room as well! haha.

GRD

Reaction score
So the handle is the pin. Girlfriend picked it up for me this morning and the Parts guy told her they put a new handle on it! Last guy to rent it must have tried it out in his hotel room as well! haha.

Those rooms sound expensive.... Tell me where it is so I can avoid that hotel.:D:D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont pull the pin without a air cartrage,it will cost you lots!
catmando!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
k whats all this air cartridge stuff...im new to stuff like this..plz explain in great detail :D

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin had handle and cartridge for $120 last year...since you got yours from a dealer they should give you the fit up instructions and one free pull in the shop, this is standard with everyone who sells bags. When I pulled mine at Martin the two guys watching went staight to the shelf and got one each.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k whats all this air cartridge stuff...im new to stuff like this..plz explain in great detail :D
avalanche pack contains a pair of inflatable bags that are filled by a compressed air or CO2 cartridge when you get caught in an avalanche(or a buddy pulls the rip cord on you as a joke) It gives you flotation so that you have a greater chance of staying on top of, and therefore surviving an avalanche.

Top Bottom