ATV Artic Cat Help Needed

Apex Sledder

Reaction score
Hello ,i have a friend that has a 2006 Cat 650, It has 26 Rubber ,piped and it just doesn't have the power ,my wifes 300 will out perform it and he is not likeing it.Does anyone have and clutching or modifications he could do to make it work ??

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would think it would be fine but try a EPI clutch spring

tsunami59

Reaction score
I have ridden my buddies cat650 and i have a polaris 500efi and his cat out preforms my 500. The 650 is running a clutch kit and a chip. It has very good low end and pulls very hard all the way to max. I like the way it runs, its very powerfull but not insane. :)

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden my buddies cat650 and i have a polaris 500efi and his cat out preforms my 500. The 650 is running a clutch kit and a chip. It has very good low end and pulls very hard all the way to max. I like the way it runs, its very powerfull but not insane. :)

well if the 650 cat is getting cleaned up on by a 300 u definetly have issues. unless ur talking about a 300 trx sport or something like that the 650 is not a top end machine..but iv had 3 of them and i would be getting passed by any 3oo on a bad day....just saying...

maybe more info...would help with diagnostics ....

T

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell it and buy A Bomby, then you won't have any of your underpower issues guaranteed!!! Hardy har har....

cjm

Reaction score
Hello ,i have a friend that has a 2006 Cat 650, It has 26 Rubber ,piped and it just doesn't have the power ,my wifes 300 will out perform it and he is not likeing it.Does anyone have and clutching or modifications he could do to make it work ??

You may find some more specific information on cats at arcticchat.com. I am a member there as well, and the guys have alot of good specific advice for cats. Take a look.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would start by checking a few things, check the air filter,make sure it is clean and not pluged. Check the spark plug to make sure it is not fouled or badly burnt. I would also make sure it has fresh gas and if it has a filter, that it is not pluged.
Another thing I would check is that the clutches are clean and working properly. If the clutches are full of mud you can have a major loss of power and speeed.

Top Bottom