Assault Switchback feedback please

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that weight transfer or did u mess with your suspension to get it to pop like that ? And no problems what do ever? I'm going to moose range this weekend and don't kno if I should put a different primary spring in there or not

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neither. Launched off of snow banks.
No problems with the sled at all.
Let me know how the snow is at Moose Range as this is my old home stomping grounds (Nipawin/Carrot River that is)

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neither. Launched off of snow banks.No problems with the sled at all.Let me know how the snow is at Moose Range as this is my old home stomping grounds (Nipawin/Carrot River that is)
Well that's good hopefully the run of bad springs stayed in the states and us sask guys caught a break haha and yea I will.. Heard greenwater got another 6-8 inche today

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's experience with boondocking the SBA? Seems like even when I'm in 16" power snow, lean to one side and countersteer, it doesn't fall over very much, and just barely drives towards the lean.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's experience with boondocking the SBA? Seems like even when I'm in 16" power snow, lean to one side and countersteer, it doesn't fall over very much, and just barely drives towards the lean.

16" isnt really any more than enough for carving it around especially since its prob just fluffy yet
wrong foot forward and a little lean and around it goes, if its not take some time and set up your suspension. first mod would be to throw the sway bar away, the assault is stiff so no need for it. you might even soften front shocks some
i was rooting heavy in revy couple days ago and no issues making it go where i wanted, just hold it tapped and use a little english going up through the trees. lol

ontario

Reaction score
am a hard core trail ridder from barrie ont i put 5000 miles on my assault last year hands down best sled ever never blow any belts no sledder wear very tuff frame

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neither. Launched off of snow banks.No problems with the sled at all.Let me know how the snow is at Moose Range as this is my old home stomping grounds (Nipawin/Carrot River that is)
The conditions were awesome put on lots of miles id say they have 3-4 feet and it was snowing hard when we left

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...just returned home from a 3 day excursion in West Yellowstone backcountry. Rode my 2012 SBA 2" track. I can honestly say I have never had so much fun and rode a sled in deep powder with such ease. I have riden there 3 years in a row on my 2002 800 RMK and it did a great job but this 144" switchback is nothing short of increadible. Soooooo easy to do anything. It will not climb as high as the longer tracks but I was amazed at how high I could go. What a blast. I tryed out a 2012 M800 Cat and after 10 minutes I gave it back to my bud to struggle with. Climbs fantastic but carving...forget it. I like to do it all and this cat was labour intensive to carve without alot of effort compared to my SBA. I felt like 25 again on the SBA. Would like to hear of other's experiences in deep snow....anyone?

Few picks attached... 100_0739.jpg 100_0732.jpg

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strasbourgh hills has enough snow to ride. Ever rode this area? 45 miles from Regina. Was at Green water 3 weeks ago and was not bad. Alot better now I am told.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice SBA's guys! I've only got 30 break-in miles so far but heading to Revy next weekend. Sled is stock just de-stickered, added vents, Powder Pro's, 2" riser and I'm guessing a bit at the clutch setup with 10-60's, blue/pink SLP pri spring, stock helix and stiffer blk/purple spring in the secondary.

SwanHills 044.jpg

Last edited:

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled is stock without any mods. When I rode at West Yellowstone we were riding up to 10000 feet and I only changed the primary clutch to 10-60 weights. Temps were around 0 C on average. No need to make any other changes. Clutch temps were not an issue. I will not be adding vents as they are not needed. May extend belt life a bit if I ride it hard for extended lengths of time but since I do not run WOT for more than a few minutes once in a while I will save my cash for the gas. Stock skis in the mountains are just fine. No need for wider skis. Work very good on trail and in the deep. This sled doesn't need skis to steer. Point your head where you want to go and lean a bit. Carving...counter steer and lean ( just a little). I had to learn to back off the leaning part as I was making u turns with a 4 ft radius and getting stuck in 4 feet of bottomless powder. Would rip me off the sled. Polaris built a stock sled that in my opinion needs no mods at all to work great.

Correction...I added a 2" riser to suit my style. So I did mod it...:d

Last edited:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couldnt agree more these sleds are sweet, effortless carving just a little counter steer and away you go. add a few extra Hp and it will get closer to the 155 lol still not the same but holds its own pretty happy, may do a 146 2.5 with 2nd driveshaft for mtn trips
I have been on the fence about peeling decals on my white side panels - you just decided it for me looks awesome
i painted my windshield brow white, and will be doing a arms and spindles black soon along with running board edges and rails, with white suspension components

Top Bottom