Argo's in the Alpine??

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
I was wondering if anyone has taken an Argo with tracks up into the alpine? are you even allowed to?

i am sure you would have to do it in the spring time when the snow is hard because that would be a pig to dig out. how steep would something like that climb ya think?

or has anyone taken a quad with there tracks up to the top?

big concern i would think is wrecking the hell out of the trail..

thanks fatguy

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to?Some places get wicked icy when your coming down at that time of year!Plus if it's that warm you'll wreck the trail and you won't be very popular when you get to the parking lot!I would probably wait till sledding is nearly done for the year.Nothing pisses sledders off faster than atvs chewing up the trails in the winter time!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying it can't be done but not a good idea IMO . As people on other sleds expect to see another sled or a groomer on the trail. The groomer is out on days most people know about so expect it.
With a argo or you are wider than a sled and alot slower to get out of the way. Could get hit.

The groomer operator in our area doesn't care for people on quads or other on the trail until late spring.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an argo and they are not the smoothest machine out there!It might be alright in the morning when the trail is still smooth but when you go back after a bunch of sleds have whooped out the trail you'll be pissin' blood after a few k's!The groomer usually only goes to most cabins anyways so that is about as far as you'll get.I'm not starting a fight but it could get nasty if you run into the wrong bunch of guys if your chewing the trail up!Around our area a few quadders that chewed up the sled clubs trails found out in a hurry it was better to wait till spring.Pisses you off when you pay for trail passes and grooming and it takes one bunch of atvs to basically ruin a trail!:twocents:

dirtbag

Reaction score
I had a snowcat for awhile and 10mph up the mountain is not fun after 30min and espacially 8hrs..

Top Bottom