Are you guys ready for the next skidoo game changer?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I'm starting to wrap my noggin around this

ooo Maxewell sent me a wicked expaination. K we lose 3% hp for every 1000 feet, so that 30% loss should have been for 10,000 feet elevation riding not 8,000. Sean explained to me that "It ALWAYS maintains 165 hp. Only after 8000ft it stops building boost so it will start going down after 8000ft. But from 0-8000ft it will always be 165HP"

So I always run clicker 1 on the trail to conserve fuel then as I get to elevation clicker up to 3-5 depending on snow. Will this stop the need for clicker adjustments as I won’t be losing power at altitude.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I always run clicker 1 on the trail to conserve fuel then as I get to elevation clicker up to 3-5 depending on snow. Will this stop the need for clicker adjustments as I won’t be losing power at altitude.

No. Maybe just less clickers for you.

My sled is one clicker position from the truck to the mtn top regardless of the snow conditions.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct, and it will go in the turbo when that day arrives. I highly doubt doo put any thought in the clutching. Probably the same secondary setup as before.
Im pretty interested to see what clutching they do come with?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what happens at club... I think we will all be surprised again! 40 pages in a day, good thread.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if they get it consistent - yes you should be done with big adjustments to the clickers as the torque delivered to the prinary should be steady at all times.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they get it consistent - yes you should be done with big adjustments to the clickers as the torque delivered to the prinary should be steady at all times.

but to conserve fuel you would still lower your clickers as the cruise RPM would be lower. Really no different than now. Those that want to conserve fuel lower them on the trail

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of fuel savings are we talkin here? 50km/h for 8 km @ 5000 rpm ish...

agreed, for us spoiled guys that only ride 8km trails its not worth it.

But say around sicamous all the trails are 30+km long. It makes a difference. When we used to do skidoo Demo rides at CKMP carl would always make every sled clicker down to 1. They had calculated the fuel savings and it was quite impressive when your talking about 10+ demo sleds being out for the day doing 60km of trail riding. Not only that but it allowed them to ride for the day and not pack any extra fuel

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed, for us spoiled guys that only ride 8km trails its not worth it.

But say around sicamous all the trails are 30+km long. It makes a difference. When we used to do skidoo Demo rides at CKMP carl would always make every sled clicker down to 1. They had calculated the fuel savings and it was quite impressive when your talking about 10+ demo sleds being out for the day doing 60km of trail riding. Not only that but it allowed them to ride for the day and not pack any extra fuel

Carl was the one who told me about lowering your clickers on the trail, I would guess on a 30k trail if you did it both ways you could save 2-3 litres, easily the difference between making the truck or not

Top Bottom