Are my oil injection lines too big?

Elenor84

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just a quick question.

I have two identical 1981 Ski-doo everest 500's. I just noticed the other day that my second one has larger oil injection lines then the first. Would this cause any sort of problem?

I don't totally understand how it determines how much oil to put in but I was thinking that this might be causing it to dump too much in?

I had it running the other day and seams to run really good. But when reving it it seams to burn alot of oil and puts out quite a bit of smoke.

I have attached a couple pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG00097.jpg
    IMG00097.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG00101.jpg
    IMG00101.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG00102.jpg
    IMG00102.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG00099.jpg
    IMG00099.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 104

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will both have the same id. It's just the wall is thicker on the one. Oil line has a thick wall, but on the one it looks like 1/8th fuel line instead. it won't be a problem.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Man that takes me back :d Went from a '79 Spitfire to one of those. Go like a raped ape but hard on fuel with that single carb :rolleyes: As I recall the oil line on our machine was the same size as the one in the second pic. The first one does look small and not stock. It will also depend on where the oil pump is set with your machine. If they are set high which I think is common practice for any manufacturer to do then and now they'll smoke more. As long as the plugs are not fouling a little extra oil is a good thing. I still put a little extra oil in my gas just incase :d

Top Bottom