apex /rzr motor swap

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyone that has done this before??

Thanks

C
Seen one on kijiji Alberta not long ago for sale. Just looked for it but can't find it. Looked very clean, had a lock in ride box in the back and when you opened it that's where you accessed the motor. Besides that looked stock.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Z1 swap it's the most popular and prob the best one to do I was considering one on my 800s but decided to just buy the 900 google hawk engineering I believe the apex motor needs frame mods and the z1 is as close to bolt in as u can get and yes with any swap u WILL break parts

that bring said there is just something so cool about on demand wheelies on a rzr

Last edited:

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also have heard hard to keep the apex engine off the rev limiter when installed in a razor. But the giggle factor would be worth it.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also have heard hard to keep the apex engine off the rev limiter when installed in a razor. But the giggle factor would be worth it.
I have a xp900 and I'm thinking the apex motor revs higher the the stock poo, heck I giggle hard enough at wot. Can't even think how fast you would be going bouncing off the rev limiter on a apex.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the nascar drivers, Kevin Harvick??? is part owner in a shop that does the Z1 turbo conversions as well, it was on one the snowtrax, dirttrax shows recenlty on OLN, wicked job!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a vid of a turbo apex rzr. It was insane!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Holy that would be awesome .... love the sound. Brings back good memories.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would imagine it would snap axles like they are tooth picks bouncing around in the skeg.

Sounds about right lol jeep size horsepower(if not more) with more agressive tires than jeeps and way smaller axles is a bad combo.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What RZR are you modding? A 1000 or a 900? I've been gonna do my own machine (2012 900) but was thinking about doing a Nytro motor. I have a customer talking about me building him one but hasn't decided yet. I have seen them done and they work real good! I found a saddle that you can buy to install the Apex motor and a rh rear shock relocation kit. I know they work real well and are semi reliable if you drive them right. Are you gonna run a stock motor or turboed? I have a Raptor with an R-1 engine, I've put 670's in Scramblers and transplanted lots of sled motors. You can call me at my shop dayime, 403.748.2219, Dan, Extreme Machines

Top Bottom