Anyone wanna ride May Long

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm down for a ride. anywhere will do, but today is stupid warm and forcast says it will stay warm and be raining from wensdy arvo thru all weekend. freezing levels 3000m to 2600m ... and thats just sheety !!!

if we ride, we will be driving aways futher up to find the snow line and a heavy saturated pack with nothing but isothermal punching to ground.
yesterdy sleds were submarines if you put a ski off the trail.

I really hope I'm wrong ...

either way bring your sled, we'll drink some beer, and I have a plan B. that side by side might be the ticket in the rain ...

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
freezing levels for the weekend just got slightly better, if only it would drop another 800m I'd be brappin manky fresh !!!

right now its +11 overcast with ceiling at about 1300m ... if only that was the freezing level I'm looking at ...

the big issue for me at this time of year is crossing cut blocks on de-activated logging roads on sleds, someone always gets stuck in isothermal snow and its usually the guy with the sheety-est skis ...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tomora looks best..... is gorman lake still frozen?

who's in for golden tomora?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are thinking gorman,,, any word if we are good to cross the lake? opinions ? thoughts? lol I think so...

thx

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could be touch and go on the lake. I've been in there late may/early June a lot of years, but I've seen a lot of slush on the top of the lake and even some open water at the outlet on the east side. I generally don't stop on the lake this time of year..... LOL

Some pics from a couple years ago.

Attachments

• June 2009 022.jpg
    June 2009 022.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 194
  • June 2009 025.jpg
    June 2009 025.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 184

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard stories of the entire south face above the lake getting sun baked and sliding into the lake causing a wave of slush and ice. If it hasn't happened this week it shouldn’t with the milder weather this weekend but like Modman said don't stop for a wiener roast on the lake!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard stories of the entire south face above the lake getting sun baked and sliding into the lake causing a wave of slush and ice. If it hasn't happened this week it shouldn’t with the milder weather this weekend but like Modman said don't stop for a wiener roast on the lake!

Like this? LOL

Came down between morning and afternoon. Guys were riding on the south face probably 1/2 hr before. Not the biggest slide I have seen in there but would have been ugly for someone if they got caught. These pics are taken from our staging area on the west side of the lake before we made our run across. Stopped just long enough to snap these pics and then GFTO! This was a number of years ago as you can tell.....

Attachments

• Sledding March 21 006.jpg
    Sledding March 21 006.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Sledding March 21 009.jpg
    Sledding March 21 009.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

mcridge

Reaction score
338.JPG Oler, the entrance does exist, like team dirt says if you can figure that location or this one you have the key to the lock

Top Bottom