Anyone running new 2011 Duramax

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one is running The new Duramax 2011 truck and how there liking it. Been thinking of up grading. Looking for feed back on them.
Thanks

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
urea is a pain in the azz...truck pulls good tho...they have a few issues but every job1 truck does

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have one and the urea freezes below -12deg....until they get the bugs out of it i would hold off....

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
upgrade keeps heater on at all times when truck is running....they need to have it so when u plug the truck in the heater in the urea tank is on....or have a separate plug for the tank....or an additive so the urea doesn't freeze....otherwise the truck/power is amazing

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of upgrading also but after some research it looks like the new models will be out late 2012.
I personally will wait and hopefully they update the interiors, I hate to say it but Ford and Dodge have better interiors right now:( IMO:beer:

05Cummins

Reaction score
Yes they fubard the urea system for the winter thats for sure but other then that they seem to be decent.

I heard that urea will soon have an anti gel additive.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who would have thought that a person would drive a duramax in the winter. i want to be a engineer, sounds pretty dang easy.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son bought one bout 6 weeks ago,,12000 km so far, has been to the dealer 9 times for a urea problem. He is pi$$ed as he uses the truck every day for hotshots. Warning lites go off every day. Dealer says GM is working on a solution. I just brought home a new Kenworth with the urea system on it,,still rigging the truck up so I dont know bout problems yet. KW says they have had no problems yet,,, hmmmm time will tell!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son bought one bout 6 weeks ago,,12000 km so far, has been to the dealer 9 times for a urea problem. He is pi$$ed as he uses the truck every day for hotshots. Warning lites go off every day. Dealer says GM is working on a solution. I just brought home a new Kenworth with the urea system on it,,still rigging the truck up so I dont know bout problems yet. KW says they have had no problems yet,,, hmmmm time will tell!

I have one and I dont have any problems, yes the urea freezes but my dealership installed a program that overrides the urea alarm and I just keep on truckin.. hasnt had to go to the shop once. and its been in -36 to
-40 for the last week. loads of tourque and i love the new fully boxed frame. it makes for a much better ride.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't thank the engineers thank the stupid emission laws coming out of California CARB, and the rest of the US that are surely following.

Well just wait and its coming that some damn usless government d bag thinks we should have the cali carb laws here. Say goodbye to two stroke anything, hotrods, straight piped diesels, civics with fart cans, etc. There's already annual smog testing in vancouver.

ITS COMING!:mad:

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and I dont have any problems, yes the urea freezes but my dealership installed a program that overrides the urea alarm and I just keep on truckin.. hasnt had to go to the shop once. and its been in -36 to
-40 for the last week. loads of tourque and i love the new fully boxed frame. it makes for a much better ride.

If possible,could you please get me the name of the dealer and or the person to talk to as the dealer here shows no interest in helping out at this time.:( Maybe after a conversation I could clue in the dealer here on how to properly look after a long time customer :rolleyes:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If possible,could you please get me the name of the dealer and or the person to talk to as the dealer here shows no interest in helping out at this time.:( Maybe after a conversation I could clue in the dealer here on how to properly look after a long time customer :rolleyes:

The only thing these guys seem to understand is guys driving superduties.

tasco

Reaction score
just wondering if it is possible to delete the urea system and the extra emmisions on the new d-max with the use of programmers.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if it is possible to delete the urea system and the extra emmisions on the new d-max with the use of programmers.

I'm told it would void the warranty. On the whole truck but that's not straight from the dealer, second hand info only.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have an 11 Super Duty and as soon as we got cold weather the engine light came on.It has been on every sine ,Ford is working on a solution??

Top Bottom