Anyone here lose their job?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CBC radio just reported that the company has recanted and is hiring all the layed off workers back. The Feds say that if their investigation finds the company did lay them off and replace them with TFW's, which they've already admitted they did, they will be blackballed from the TFW program.

Just what I heard while trying to get some work done. :rolleyes:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can totally agree that sometimes we need to look elsewhere for people, you did look to canadian's couldn't find one for what you needed and got someone from ireland... he's obviously here to work, get paid, pay taxes like the rest of us and generally become a productive member of our Canadian society... to which I say right on welcome to Canada eh!

However more and more were getting people either not looking to Canadian sources or.. in my case, replacing someone who is really good at what they do and worth the money your paying them (Increased sales of about 10 grand a month, with less staff than previous years.. you would think that something was going right...) with foreign workers trying to squeeze more profit by abusing government hiring incentives... that's what pisses me off.

hate to say it dude but something does not add up with your story. I've had to fire guys who thought they were the best employees ever.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We brought a fella in from Ireland and was the best decision we made. Place an add for 4 months throughout Canada with little results which allowed us to look elsewhere. Our employee pays the same taxes we do and doesn't get subsidized buy the government in any way, the only thing they did was help him find a place and get his paperwork in order. He pays the same as anyone else and I would bring 10 more over like him if I could.

Absolutely. We have some Irish as well. Very happy to have a job paid the same as everyone else have to write their red seal, however their training is nearly identical to ours. Not sure how or where the not paid the same, subsidized things are coming from, because it is nothing like that on our end.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pay our fella the same as we would anyone else, it's hard enough finding people with experience let alone trying to low ball them on what they do.
Absolutely. We have some Irish as well. Very happy to have a job paid the same as everyone else have to write their red seal, however their training is nearly identical to ours. Not sure how or where the not paid the same, subsidized things are coming from, because it is nothing like that on our end.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently nobody in alberta smokes weed...... but its ok to drink a 26 of crown every night and then go to work hung over/ half drunk.... its the Alberta way

Most places piss test, weed hangs around in your body quite a bit longer, nice try though,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrap your head around this one. 23.4 Billion dollars was sent to otner countries from immigrants in 2012. Now every one of those dollars are gone for ever and out of our tax loop. Never to be spent in canada and taxed again.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's my point, just because there are traces of thc in someone's blood they are not eligible for a job. how many accidents caused by pot smokers vs drunks?

Most places piss test, weed hangs around in your body quite a bit longer, nice try though,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's ironic that the TFW coming to Canada are being pushed out of their own countries by TFW.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just seen on news that this is totally legal. what a bunch of ch!t. some government program. I know theres a lot of proud Canadians and I was one of them. im starting to lose faith. Do we as taxpayers and voters seriously have a say in what goes on? or do they just let us think that. did anyone here know that there was a government program that would allow a company to come in one day and take jobs away and then give them to someone else the next day? im not a racist person but how is it that we cant take care of our own issues here with starving kids, homeless, people out of work, but we can pay to have others come in to Canada and literally take our jobs away? these guys had no warning and were told to go home. jobs done. then immediately hire immigrant workers for 1/3 of the wage. what a joke. sorry for the rant but wake up Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been saying this for year... we are over governed in Canada... politicans getting bought out by big compainies and and we are over regulated... they are taking our freedoms away one hair at a time... only 30 years from now will we look back and say, "man we had it good back then". soon we will live in a peasant society again which our ancestors fought to get away from when they sailed over here... Governments have taken the thought that they own us way to far... they have forgotten they work for us... they have regulated and legislated away too much... just look at crown land... people that our land!!! Not the governments yet they tell us when, where and how we can use it... so then you decide you want to own your own land... well if they want it they can take... still think your free???? i know some smart azz is going to come on here and tell me if i don't like it to move somewhere else... ya sorry dude this is home... but im willing to fight for it are you?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
There is not "a single guilty party".....
Government - Allows TFW to the highest bidder in some cases because politicians are getting kick backs or are invested in the firm requesting permission.
Unions - Were vital to the enhancement of workplace standards, fair & equal pay and benchmarked training. Unfortunately many unions are no better than the government & it's politics. in many cases bad apples rule the roost and work ethic & culture has suffered.
Social Systems - In Canada if you don't want to work you don't have too, EI will look after you short term and when that runs out welfare will kick in, no one is allowed to starve or even experience uncomfort.

As a society and a country it sucks however in the end we look out for #1 and some are better at it than others. We have opportunities here in Alberta and Canada as a whole that 95% of the world population could only dream of. I started school at 4 years old and at 39 I'm still at it. No TFW will get my job because I'm ambitious and driven and damn good at what I do. Life owes us nothing and we have 1 right the same as everyone else on the planet.... to die, a right is absolute not verbiage on a constitution everything else is a birthplace given privilege and we have many but it's up to each individual to take full advantage.

I work for a construction company who is in desperate need of Iron Workers and out of over 30 hired 7 are left on staff more than 6 months after hire. We offer union rate, employee ownership, full benefits etc.etc.etc. and our best guy is an import from Scotland and he is disgusted with the general quality of tradespeople here in Canada.

Top Bottom