Any Truth to This Yamaha News?

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just talked to my buddy who owns a couple dealerships, one being a Yamaha.
anyone care to exonerate the rumors of sxs and motorcycles being abolished in Canada???

when asking his rep when yammie was going to friggen do something in the sxs department to keep up his rep told him some pretty huge news. it isnt for sure but it is a major concern..i guess.

i guess with all the lawsuits brewing, for every rhino out there, there is nearly as much money tied up in lawsuits as there is in selling them.....

yammie supposedly has some wild performance sxs's but have trashed them and are seriously considering dropping the whole sxs and motorcycle programs in Canada. its all in the works right now.

Now, i dont believe this info. but my buddy is as honest as they come and this was coming from his yammie rep. i cant imagine it being true...hell they sell a ch!t ton of these things in Canada...actually my buddies dealership was the #1 selling rhino dealership in the world at one point.

anyone else work at a yammie dealership? anyone else care to crush this rumor?

i love yammie's and cant picture this being true in the slightest.....

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i was a betting guy, Id say its the americans doing all the lawsuits, not the canadians!! so I would assume that to be false, but who am I

GANK

Reaction score
better not....I cant wait to get a R1 and a dirt bike from yamaha

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so true...ya cant fix stupid!!

did some quick research on the lawsuits via interweb...staggering! from 5, 10, 50, 300 million dollar suits. not all has been thrown out...MANY settled out of the courts. google it up. i hope this isnt true....effin bullch!t!

boginstein

Reaction score
A little common sense on the driver's part would cause a lot less problems for everyone else. I've had my rhino 4 years now
and have bin in some bad areas with it and have not ever had a bad stituation that I could blame it on eqipment error.
My rhino is stock. are the ones that get flopped modded out?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a rhino since 04. Now a commander. For the last 6 years I've ridden only mountain areas and never once rolled my machine and if I did I would never blame the machine. Bunch of tools they are. I cam understand their frustration for rolling and getting seriously Hurt or killed but it's no reason to blame the machine. We all take the riskWhen we ride that anything can happen. Do your do diligence and know the boundaries of your ride

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were a few rhinos with garbage axles. Very few but there was some. A friend of my sisters who is an EMT had to go tone of these rhino accidents and said it wasn't pretty. A 14 years old girl driving and an 8? Year old passenger just riding down the road. And the axle snapped and the went into the ditch and rolled. I believe both of them lived. The one helmet got cracked though

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were a few rhinos with garbage axles. Very few but there was some. A friend of my sisters who is an EMT had to go tone of these rhino accidents and said it wasn't pretty. A 14 years old girl driving and an 8? Year old passenger just riding down the road. And the axle snapped and the went into the ditch and rolled. I believe both of them lived. The one helmet got cracked though
Yea and in Canada if they tried to sue would have been told well it says over 16 YEARS TO DRIVE, but in US would have been awarded $$$ cause there ______ lol Just like the RETARDS who spilled HOT coffee on themselves and were awarded how much $$$ no wonder there country is going to ch!t.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason Yamaha is having trouble is Polaris has taken most of the market share away from them. Yamaha thinks it can not update it`s product and still stay on top. This is not the case,as sales are terrible on the rhinos ,and are record breaking on the rzrs. They simply can`t compete anymore....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ask Climbax about the rumour? He should know as long as he can talk about it.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason Yamaha is having trouble is Polaris has taken most of the market share away from them. Yamaha thinks it can not update it`s product and still stay on top. This is not the case,as sales are terrible on the rhinos ,and are record breaking on the rzrs. They simply can`t compete anymore....
About the reply I would expect from someone who clearly knows nothing about the manufacturing industry. You see manufacturers have this thing called "tooling costs" that they need to spend in order to build the equipment, molds, castings etc to build a new product. A smart manufacturer realizes that in order to remain profitable they need to earn back the tooling costs they spent on the previous design before they release a whole new one, something Yamaha has been unable to do with the rhino as a result of these rediculous lawsuits. I've heard they are still losing money on every rhino they sell and are having to dip into the profits of their other products which is why their ATVs have seen no major upgrades in the last 4 years either. Yamaha is not stupid; they are well aware that they have lost ground to the others in the sxs and ATV markets but the lawsuit situation combined with the poor economy is making it impossible for them to answer back and remain profitable. You also must understand that unlike Polaris, Yamaha is a GLOBAL manufacturing giant. The sxs market is so minuscule when compared to the worldwide motorcycle market that Yamaha could care less if Polaris has stolen the sxs show for the time being.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha & You can blame everyone they want...BLAH BLAH BLAH....lol At the end of the day ,the rhino is unable to compete with the other machines and has lost market share....sorry that is just a fact. I may not be a manufacturing expert as you claim to be ,however i do know my shares in popo have gone from 40 $ to over 110$ . In the same economy as the rhino is in !!

I guess if you don`t sell enough then you can`t retool.....Time to shut it down then , i would say.Seeing as Polaris made around 2 billion clear last year , and profits were up 60 % apx. it would appear that you just need the right product. That is why the rzr outsells all other offroad products about 5 to 1. I as a consumer want better products each year, not color changes like yamaha has done for the past 6 years. This is why Canam & Polaris is making money and gaining market share at the others expense.........
I will grant you though that is a hell of an excuse story you did come up with though....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C:\Users\User\Pictures\UTV Report Not all doom and gloom - Dealernews.mht I think this sums it up....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard small dealers will be closing,like G.M. did with ones that dont sell a lot.
Plus Polaris is better and sell more..

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It makes a hell of a lot more sense than your braindead statement that Yamaha is entirely pulling out of a major north American market just because Polaris has sold a few more side by sides in the past 3 years. You gonna tell me that Victory is beating them to a pulp in the street market too?

Top Bottom