Any snow??? Anywhere???

nathan1larson

Reaction score
Is there any?? Anything in McBride, Blue River, Revelstoke, Golden, anywhere????? I know there's a section for this but theres no general "Is there snow" i don't think.

Is there???

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm calling it white pavement...the side by side is funner to ride then the sled, with no heating issues and no scratchers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say the snow in southern Colorado is stupid deep with another 4-5 feet forecast to fall in the next few days. Its a hike but might have to head south to get one last ride in before spring.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They say the snow in southern Colorado is stupid deep with another 4-5 feet forecast to fall in the next few days. Its a hike but might have to head south to get one last ride in before spring.

That would be a great road trip........you would have a blast and be high enough that there would be no trees to scratch that "like mint T3"........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a great road trip........you would have a blast and be high enough that there would be no trees to scratch that "like mint T3"........
Its pretty mint right now thats for sure Doug. Cant scratch it if you don't ride it. Actually there is tree cover at altitude in Colorado. When I used to ride there with Skidoo engineering we were actually at 13000 ft once I was told and there were trees everywhere? You wouldn't see trees up here at 9000 ft. Must have something to do with location to the equator?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Its pretty mint right now thats for sure Doug. Cant scratch it if you don't ride it. Actually there is tree cover at altitude in Colorado. When I used to ride there with Skidoo engineering we were actually at 13000 ft once I was told and there were trees everywhere? You wouldn't see trees up here at 9000 ft. Must have something to do with location to the equator?

Yes, there is even a difference between Elkford and Fernie as far as elevation and trees go. Fernie is that much warmer. Also, has something to do with the rain that falls in Fernie when it doesn't rain in Elkford. Interesting though, Fernie will get more snow than Elkford on any given year.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been watching the weather in Colorado looking great as does the area. Two questions what is the drive like and how easy/fast can a ETEC be set up for work over 8.000 ft,

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Underneath an ice crust at Medicine Lake there was actual snow this weekend. Actually more than I found in Castlegar or Trout, but it's trail riding.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been watching the weather in Colorado looking great as does the area. Two questions what is the drive like and how easy/fast can a ETEC be set up for work over 8.000 ft,

Drove down a couple of times and it is a big drive. We were lucky and had fairly good weather/roads. The first trip down we thought we could save some time and miles by cutting cross country. Next time we just stuck to the interstates and it was about the same time and a much easier drive. The terrain is great, the elevation is a killer though! Not sure what changes need to be made to the clutching on the doo to make it pull RPM.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove down a couple of times and it is a big drive. We were lucky and had fairly good weather/roads. The first trip down we thought we could save some time and miles by cutting cross country. Next time we just stuck to the interstates and it was about the same time and a much easier drive. The terrain is great, the elevation is a killer though! Not sure what changes need to be made to the clutching on the doo to make it pull RPM.
About how many hours drive and what area did you go to.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About how many hours drive and what area did you go to.

We have rode a few places there. The nearest is in the north part of Colorado and we stayed in Walden which is a little over 1500km, most of which is on interstate 90 and 25. There we rode Rabbit Ears and Steamboat Springs. It sounds like the most snow has been in the south part of Colorado and the best area is Wolf Creek. We rode there only one day. Lots of trees, meadows and drainage's. Its about 2000km away. If you haven't already, check out the snow report for these areas on Snowest. If your looking for a guide or info on Southern Colorado Matt Entz is worth looking up. Here is a link to his site: Mountain Skillz

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I''ve drove to Moab, Utah (on the border with Colorado) several times and it is a 2 day drive or one long day.
Hop on highway 2 south and it is Interstate all the way to Salt Lake City and most of the way after that too so you can average 70mph.
I usually drive south into Montana on one evening and then finish the trip the next day.
Worth it if you are going for a week or so..!

(Went to dirt bike not sledding - but southern Utah (Brianhead Ski area) just got over 3' of snow last 48 hrs)

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have rode a few places there. The nearest is in the north part of Colorado and we stayed in Walden which is a little over 1500km, most of which is on interstate 90 and 25. There we rode Rabbit Ears and Steamboat Springs. It sounds like the most snow has been in the south part of Colorado and the best area is Wolf Creek. We rode there only one day. Lots of trees, meadows and drainage's. Its about 2000km away. If you haven't already, check out the snow report for these areas on Snowest. If your looking for a guide or info on Southern Colorado Matt Entz is worth looking up. Here is a link to his site: Mountain Skillz
Thanks a ton for the awesome info.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I''ve drove to Moab, Utah (on the border with Colorado) several times and it is a 2 day drive or one long day.
Hop on highway 2 south and it is Interstate all the way to Salt Lake City and most of the way after that too so you can average 70mph.
I usually drive south into Montana on one evening and then finish the trip the next day.
Worth it if you are going for a week or so..!
Thanks a lot might see you there leaving late next week if no snow here.

nathan1larson

Reaction score
Dude you've met Burandt? Thats awesome I'm jealous. I tried emailing him a while ago but I think he started ignoring me so i just stopped emailing him... Im kind of a fanboy with Burandt

Top Bottom