Any snow??? Anywhere???

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard that Steamboat Colorado was awesome last week.
Skied there in the 80's but never sledded.
The season in Fernie is over I think - be cutting grass at our house on Koocanusa soon.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at steamboat the last week of February and it sucks!! U may as well go ride in Saskatchewan ! Flat boring mountains... north of steamboat there is area not to bad but still not bc mountains then we rode alpine wyoming and that place is awesome

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at steamboat the last week of February and it sucks!! U may as well go ride in Saskatchewan ! Flat boring mountains... north of steamboat there is area not to bad but still not bc mountains then we rode alpine wyoming and that place is awesome

When I was a younger lad I had a custom 1970.5 Firebird with big rims and big winter tires and a ski rack on the back.

Drove down to get some early season (mid december 1977) skiing in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Drove through a major blizzard in pitch black and the police had the road blocked to traffic as the snow was so deep.
Officer talks to us and I say we are from Canada and have snow tires...he looks at the big snow tires on the back and says ok, you can go if you really want to.

So we go with a little helpful push from the officer and it was a bit tough drive for another hour or so but we made it.
Slept in the car that night in the centre of town and woke up to a beautiful blue sky day. Off to the ski hill we go! I'm 18 and I like it...

Parking lot is empty and just a couple of ski tracks to be seen on the mountain.

Grab our gear and go to pay for lift tickets and we are in for a once in a lifetime day of skiing.

Sorry, the nice lady says, the resort doesn't open until 3 days from now...

Found out the closest place open was Steamboat in Colorado...so off we go again - and glad we did as it was fantastic. Jefferson Starship playing through the 6x9's all the way!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was a younger lad I had a custom 1970.5 Firebird with big rims and big winter tires and a ski rack on the back.

Drove down to get some early season (mid december 1977) skiing in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Drove through a major blizzard in pitch black and the police had the road blocked to traffic as the snow was so deep.
Officer talks to us and I say we are from Canada and have snow tires...he looks at the big snow tires on the back and says ok, you can go if you really want to.

So we go with a little helpful push from the officer and it was a bit tough drive for another hour or so but we made it.
Slept in the car that night in the centre of town and woke up to a beautiful blue sky day. Off to the ski hill we go! I'm 18 and I like it...

Parking lot is empty and just a couple of ski tracks to be seen on the mountain.

Grab our gear and go to pay for lift tickets and we are in for a once in a lifetime day of skiing.

Sorry, the nice lady says, the resort doesn't open until 3 days from now...

Found out the closest place open was Steamboat in Colorado...so off we go again - and glad we did as it was fantastic. Jefferson Starship playing through the 6x9's all the way!

you forgot the word's

8 track :D

Top Bottom