Any motocrossers on here?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after a 2 year hiatus and a lot of pestering from my buddies, I bought an 09' RM-Z 450. I went out yesterday for a rip on the track and forgot how much fun mx is! I'm curious how many other guys and gals on here ride? Maybe go for a ride sometime or have a S&M track day?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to ride mx, I ride a 2007 ktm 250 sxf. I would like to ride it more and theres even a track close to me but its a 3km push to get there. once im there I cant even ride becuase im so tired :mad: If you ever have room on the truck for one for give me a shout :d

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to ride mx, I ride a 2007 ktm 250 sxf. I would like to ride it more and theres even a track close to me but its a 3km push to get there. once im there I cant even ride becuase im so tired :mad: If you ever have room on the truck for one for give me a shout :d

Sounds good to me man. I have to get new tires put on my truck this week but maybe next week?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hurt to much to jump anymore. so i just bounce off tree's for fun now. lol

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could make a suggestion of a track to hang out at my pick would be Wild Bills, as they have awesome harescramble trails too and I am more of a bushwacker once I get my few laps of good jumps in on the track I like to play in the trails. BUMP has harescramble trails too but I find them not as forgiving. I have a flywheel weight kit coming for my bike to make it more suitable for the tighter stuff but anywho Wild Bills is still by far my fav place...and its huge, lots of open area for people to tailgate and what not..and the owners are super friendly.. just sayin.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could make a suggestion of a track to hang out at my pick would be Wild Bills, as they have awesome harescramble trails too and I am more of a bushwacker once I get my few laps of good jumps in on the track I like to play in the trails. BUMP has harescramble trails too but I find them not as forgiving. I have a flywheel weight kit coming for my bike to make it more suitable for the tighter stuff but anywho Wild Bills is still by far my fav place...and its huge, lots of open area for people to tailgate and what not..and the owners are super friendly.. just sayin.

ive never been there, I new track is a good track :d

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all i ride is mx at the local track. lol. been slow this year due to the rain.friggin rain:nono: the track is Goperback Raceway in Lloyd. MX riding rules!!:beer::beer:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was big in to tracks a while ago when I first got the KTM, now i'm more partial to the bushwhacking.. I dont know what it is.. I just love the technical challenging stuff, I really only like tracks to clean er out a bit and hit jumps but I also love hitting the natural jumps in the woods and hopping logs and goin through creeks and stuff, fun, fun! I think i get too intimidated on tracks, I'm not all about going as fast as I can and catching huge air off jumps and what not becuase I really can't afford to break any limbs and it seems to happen more often on tracks lol

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was big in to tracks a while ago when I first got the KTM, now i'm more partial to the bushwhacking.. I dont know what it is.. I just love the technical challenging stuff, I really only like tracks to clean er out a bit and hit jumps but I also love hitting the natural jumps in the woods and hopping logs and goin through creeks and stuff, fun, fun! I think i get too intimidated on tracks, I'm not all about going as fast as I can and catching huge air off jumps and what not becuase I really can't afford to break any limbs and it seems to happen more often on tracks lol

Yeah I see your point in the intimidating part of mx and yeah it definatley is more dangerous when your getting big air and stuff. Im not much of a trail rider myself, it seems to its not fast enough or.. I dont know its just not for me. lol. Anyways maybe after a few more broken limbs and I start to get older and hurt more after a day of riding I'll go to the bush more lol.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, well my body is already starting to cripple from riding so i've decided not to take it too far as I don't want to be too sore to ride by the time i'm 30. I also simply just dont want to risk injuring myself to the point where I can't come to work for an extended period of time, it's just not worth it at this point in my life. If iwas young and in school and didn't have to worry about my life or my body then I would give er but unfortunately it's too late for me to have that mentality.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, well my body is already starting to cripple from riding so i've decided not to take it too far as I don't want to be too sore to ride by the time i'm 30. I also simply just dont want to risk injuring myself to the point where I can't come to work for an extended period of time, it's just not worth it at this point in my life. If iwas young and in school and didn't have to worry about my life or my body then I would give er but unfortunately it's too late for me to have that mentality.

good point :d

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

At 21 my body has seen a lot more abuse than most people my age. That was one of the reasons I got out of mx 2 years ago, my body was saying a big F-U to me on several occasions. But I've found that a lot of physical training over the last year (I've dropped 10lbs and gained a lot of strength:yahoo:) and I don't have those problems really anymore. My back doesn't gripe at me like it used to which is a great change

Anyways back to a track day. I haven't been to BUMP yet but it does look pretty sweet and its not too far from home here. Westlock is an option too but unfortunately for LadyDirt, its all track. But there were some rumblings that it was going to close or the AOTMX were going to take over its operation. I'd like to do some harescramble riding too though. I've been wanting to do it for a while now. Castrol raceway is also a possibility but it can get pretty busy at times too...

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 21 my body has seen a lot more abuse than most people my age. That was one of the reasons I got out of mx 2 years ago, my body was saying a big F-U to me on several occasions. But I've found that a lot of physical training over the last year (I've dropped 10lbs and gained a lot of strength:yahoo:) and I don't have those problems really anymore. My back doesn't gripe at me like it used to which is a great change

Anyways back to a track day. I haven't been to BUMP yet but it does look pretty sweet and its not too far from home here. Westlock is an option too but unfortunately for LadyDirt, its all track. But there were some rumblings that it was going to close or the AOTMX were going to take over its operation. I'd like to do some harescramble riding too though. I've been wanting to do it for a while now. Castrol raceway is also a possibility but it can get pretty busy at times too...

sorry to rain on the parade but bump sucks! my vote would be aotmx becuase I know the owners son or castrol.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats why I like Wild Bills, it's a pretty big track, lots of tables/step ups they have tons of land, and the harescramble trails offer a bit of variety and they are pretty fun trails. Its nice because when the track gets a bit congested you can play on the trails. This track is also family friendly as there is camping, a figure 8 practice kiddy track, and a full 100cc and smaller track. I have been to most tracks in the local area and this one gets my vote by leaps and bounds, the only other track I will go to now besides Bills is my buddys private track on his acreage.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and speaking of all the talk of ruining our bodies, my boyfriend crashed pretty bad at my buddy's track lastnight, Andre will know cuz he's been there but he went to clear the first gap double on my buddy's brand new Husky 250 four stroke, first time he's ridden the bike and first time this bike has pretty much been ridden at all and he came up short and cased it hard, he was knocked unconcious momentarily, and was out of it for a good hour, lost short term memory..couldn't remember what happened, or anything prior or after the crash, likely had a minor concussion, possibly a cracked rib or two and maybe a sprained wrist, and very, very bad road rash...and nutted himself pretty bad too. Probably would have helped a little if he was wearing more than just a t-shirt. By far the stupidest thing he's done, and he isn't impressed with himself. He's gonna be sore for a while and likely won't be making any of his up coming golf trips!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya.. I forgot to mention he damaged by buddies brand new bike pretty good too.. twisted front end, the triple clamps and the subframe and will need some new plastics I imagine.

Top Bottom