Any "First Ride" reports for a 2012 Summit E-tec?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
break in is 120 litres of fuel if I remeber corect? its in the manual,, should notice some gains.... I thought someone mentioned the gauge will tell you how much fuel has been burned or I am reading to much stuff on here lol,, maybe only on certain gauge's like the freeride but I cant remember but thats 3 full tanks of fuel so you proabaly have another ride yet before break in is done

as it goes for clicker one thats fine if you are getting constant 7900RPM at full throttle? if its only 7700 go up to #2 this will add 100-200RPMs and so on

I am sure the dealer can switch it to KM's there is defineatley a way Im just not sure....

They do it on there shop computer. Simple fix.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do it on there shop computer. Simple fix.

How did you change that on the Revs? I heard someone say there is a different plug in? doesnt make sense but was that it or the same as xp just a refalsh at the store?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the same as the xp's. They plug in on the right side of the sled by the oil tank and can do a number of functions from there.:)

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else (or did I miss it earlier in the thread) notice a bog and even a backfire when on the way in at about 900m-1200m elevation? It seems to disappear above and below that range.
Sled's properly warmed up, and not driving nuts or anything.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else (or did I miss it earlier in the thread) notice a bog and even a backfire when on the way in at about 900m-1200m elevation? It seems to disappear above and below that range.
Sled's properly warmed up, and not driving nuts or anything.

Same as last year but less noticeable. I was told it will go away after the break in period. We will see....

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
mine has a hesitation with the mbrp can at that elevation but its really intermitant. hope it clears after break in. only has 90 miles. ps does anyone know how to change the speedo/milage from miles to km's/

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine has a hesitation with the mbrp can at that elevation but its really intermitant. hope it clears after break in. only has 90 miles. ps does anyone know how to change the speedo/milage from miles to km's/

You need to get your dealer to do that for you.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Since i'm on this little rant, do you think the dealer would check track tension? I noticed a noise on decel and down hills like the track was looose. lifted up the skid and the track hangs down about 6 inches with no weight. I'm pretty sure thats really loose?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa. If he is a good one I'm sure he will. If he charges you then you will know that you will be trying a different dealer next time. Lol.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Ya 15 grand later for a freeride and the service dept is changing my attitude pretty fast. In there defence the sales experience was great and the follow up was top notch. But is that loose? my 08 manual says something like 2 inches with 20 pounds hanging on the track or something like that. seems way too tight.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I could see 400 miles but not 80. Get your dealer to tighten it up for you. I'm sure they are a straight up group. Good luck!

This snopro guy seems like a guy that knows dealers inside and out.......I bet he's a retired one that did/does a darn good job of pleasing customers.....:xmas2004_15:

PS don't get too friendly with him 'cause he may try to steal your garlic shrimp!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually like mine in MPH. Smaller numbers are easier to read :)

I figure though, if you can't check your own track tension, is it really the dealers fault? Okay you paid for PDI, your right. Sure if they lifted up the sled for any reason to notice it, but anyone should notice 6" of track slack.

2" is fine, you won't ever find too many complaints of the track being too tight. Maybe a slight power loss, but running it tighter is better than too loose.

200 miles on my sled. Haven't been out as much as I want, but lack of fresh is keeping me away. Sled has been near flawless. One weird engine light which I think was just me travelling too slow through the trees and loading up the plugs. Belt looks good, clutching has been okay so far. It does need a few tweaks for my liking. Fuel economy has been better than the 2011 running side by side. No hesitation issues, no break in woes.

Oh and aside from a ski change, sled is bone stock. Haven't added any vents yet, still running stock exhaust, haven't added the heavier springs. Its kinda nice.

Top Bottom