another avy death in revy

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard this from a good bro out there, DAMN man!!!!!!

yes man I hear you. My wife is also now a bit stressed since ill be in revy on tuesday for a few days. I understand her concern, but also had to pound into her head that us sledders can have a good full day playing in meadows and small bowls with zero risk of avys, where a skier in the back country plays on the looooonggg steeeeeeep runs and chutes.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes man I hear you. My wife is also now a bit stressed since ill be in revy on tuesday for a few days. I understand her concern, but also had to pound into her head that us sledders can have a good full day playing in meadows and small bowls with zero risk of avys, where a skier in the back country plays on the looooonggg steeeeeeep runs and chutes.

Very true, my wife is the same way and im sure every man here can attest to that BUT its not everyone of us goin into the "no ski" "no ride zones" tho I am VERY guilty of doing so myself no doubt. BUT the sig others dont need to hear that part ;)

Be Safe everyone, condolences to the friends and family of the brave fallen in these sad acts of nature!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sad to hear this news, be it skiiers or sledders. Many condolences and best wishes for those left behind.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one notice how short the news releases are when it's a skier fatality, and how long and sensationalized they are when it's a sledder? Or is it just me? :confused::confused:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one notice how short the news releases are when it's a skier fatality, and how long and sensationalized they are when it's a sledder? Or is it just me? :confused::confused:

We've been branded as redneck adrenaline junkies, who seek to out run avalanches on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the family, it's a damned shame.

Some guide is not going to sleep well tonight in Revy either. Heart goes out to the as well...

Dragin

Reaction score

Yep I noticed that too! No disrespect to the fallen but we get a very negative shake when it's a sledder It's too bad cause they're all tragic and it should never be used as a platform to brand people.

Top Bottom