September Automotive Sales Set Another Record

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
By Jack Kazmierski · October 4, 2017 • 168 Vues
Autojournal, Dealerships-News, Dealerships-Sales & Marketing [h=1]September Sales Set Another Record[/h]
A closer look at trends (Photo: Scotiabank)
Canadian new car sales figures continue their upward trajectory.
According to the latest issue of the Auto News Flash, published by Carlos Gomes, Senior Economist with Scotiabank, September’s new car market in Canada continued to set new records.
Gomes says that volumes jumped 8% above a year ago in September and boosted the year-to-date increase to 5.5%. “We estimate that the annualized sales pace climbed to 2.07 mn units last month,” he added, “lifting the year-to-date average to 2.046 mn.”
Light truck sales jumped 10% above a year earlier, while cars continue to struggle, with volumes declining 2% below a year ago. Sedans now account for less than one-third of the Canadian new vehicle market, down from 55% a decade ago.
“The third quarter of 2017 ended with automotive sales continuing to accelerate towards another record sales year in Canada with sales,” added David Adams, President, Global Automakers of Canada. “It was not that many years ago when 1.59 million in sales represented a good year for total annual sales. Consumer demand and the market continue to impress.”

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By Jack Kazmierski · October 4, 2017 • 168 Vues
Autojournal, Dealerships-News, Dealerships-Sales & Marketing September Sales Set Another Record

A closer look at trends (Photo: Scotiabank)
Canadian new car sales figures continue their upward trajectory.
According to the latest issue of the Auto News Flash, published by Carlos Gomes, Senior Economist with Scotiabank, September’s new car market in Canada continued to set new records.
Gomes says that volumes jumped 8% above a year ago in September and boosted the year-to-date increase to 5.5%. “We estimate that the annualized sales pace climbed to 2.07 mn units last month,” he added, “lifting the year-to-date average to 2.046 mn.”
Light truck sales jumped 10% above a year earlier, while cars continue to struggle, with volumes declining 2% below a year ago. Sedans now account for less than one-third of the Canadian new vehicle market, down from 55% a decade ago.
“The third quarter of 2017 ended with automotive sales continuing to accelerate towards another record sales year in Canada with sales,” added David Adams, President, Global Automakers of Canada. “It was not that many years ago when 1.59 million in sales represented a good year for total annual sales. Consumer demand and the market continue to impress.”

Its all the cars that JT is handing out that go with the refugee houses.
No wait that is wrong......JT is just handing out cash and then they buy their own according to Team Somalia that wanted to buy my van.

Last edited:

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought a new vehicle in 15 years. All you rich folks are keeping our economy afloat.
I was looking at this yesterday. The newest vehicle i have will be 10 years old next year.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know lots of peeps with older vehicles. However with financing etc it's easy so long as you can make the payments.
I can but choose not to.
Same here. I prefer to be debt free.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't bought a new vehicle in 15 years. All you rich folks are keeping our economy afloat.
I bought a new Isuzu pick up in 1991, I think I was 21 then? Had it for 4 years and have been a used buyer ever since

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We have newer vehicles...... only brand new one was Sara's Jeep, we went to look at a used 2012 Edge, but the price of that with the interest rate was more than the 2016 Jeep with 0% interest & Warranty, it was kind of a no brainer.

Our truck was a lease return from a local rental company.

My car.... well that's a $1500 beater

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Don't you have a son named, CJ and would have been born around 82 :hmm:

Wow...you caught that.
Actually born after and because of us both being Curtis we named him Curtis Junior at birth and he became CJ.
Funny addition to that is Ric was gonna name his Daughter CJ until we became friends and WhaLaa .... It just didn't make sense.....lol

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because all used vehicles are going to the states, can't find any decent priced used ones

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i was looking for a new diesel started out looking used but people were asking way to much for the kms so after 6 months of searching i purchased a new 2012 ram leftover at the start of 2013 i found that was the best deal for me at the time

Top Bottom