Another ATV Crash

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ATV crash kills man not wearing helmet
By SUN MEDIA

Last Updated: 15th October 2009, 10:37am
Email StoryPrintSize A A AReport TypoShare with:
FacebookDiggDel.icio.usGoogleStumble UponNewsvineRedditTechnoratiFeed MeYahooSimpySquidooSpurlBlogmarksNetvouzScuttleSitejot+ What are these? .A 37-year-old man is dead after a workplace ATV accident near Bruderheim Wednesday afternoon.

The self-employed worker was finished inspecting a pipeline for Auriga Energy Inc. about 6 km north of Bruderheim around 3:30 p.m. when he attempted to climb a hill on his ATV, according to Occupational Health and Safety spokesman Barrie Harrison.

The ATV slid backwards, throwing the man off the machine and onto the ground where he hit his head on a rock.

Other workers on scene called emergency crews, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

He was not wearing a helmet.

"Our inspectors were waiting until today to begin inspecting the scene because of hazardous conditions," Harrison said.

Snow and bad weather left the hill a slippery mess, he added.

Occupational Health and Safety will launch an investigation into the death

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not good. sad example for all the gear all the time saying. can see it now. Guy checking wellsite fresh snow, nice little hill, lets give er a rip my qaud ll do it no problem, we would all do the same thing, takes off spins all the way till he slides backwards. unfortunate ending. prayers/condolences to the families involved.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad and condolences indeed.

Unfortunately, watch the "helmet police" and self righteous chime in about "nature's way of culling the herd", "Darwinism" and how his actions are hurting the sport for others.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad and condolences indeed.

Unfortunately, watch the "helmet police" and self righteous chime in about "nature's way of culling the herd", "Darwinism" and how his actions are hurting the sport for others.

kinda hard for guys to say crap like that because we all know if we were in the same situation 99% of us would have done the same thing. just an unfortunate accident.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a terrible thing to happen. I find it very odd he was allowed on location with out proper ppe.

GWNBrute

Reaction score
I just had a friend of the family die the same but coming out of a ditch after checking his cattle! It's to bad they have to go out like that.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a terrible thing to happen. I find it very odd he was allowed on location with out proper ppe.

probably had ppe on. took it off to do well check, saw hill finfshed check set all equip down beside quad, put helmet withequip, its only going to be a quick climb will put it on when i get back, started qaud, and the rest we know for sure.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is another unfortunate incident. My condolences go out to the family.

It's really hard to hear about 'avoidable' deaths. Would he still have died if he was wearing a helmet? We will never know... but at least have that one extra defense.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks.Hopefully it will make other people think twice before riding without a helmet on.wth all the deaths out in Alberta due to not wearing helmets(would a helmet have saved his life maybe not but your odds are atleast 75% better with one) you would think the Goverment would step in and make it mandatory,I no its touchy subject out there but every death has an impact on are favorite sports,not in a good way.anyway my condolinces to his family.

Top Bottom