And they say an Avalnche wasn't built to haul a mountain sled

Hudson_M1000

Reaction score
Well ,we got some strange looks driving from Red Deer to Quartz creek and back. But it was all good.

Attachments

• IMGP1439.JPG
    IMGP1439.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMGP1440.JPG
    IMGP1440.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 57
  • IMGP1421.JPG
    IMGP1421.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 53

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont care, but is that even legal?? I see alot of sketchy setups these days, with the sleds being so long and the track sticking 3feet off the back of truck decks:confused: but thats just rediculas.....I wouldn't ride my sled like that, but hey what ever its your problem if something goes south not mine...

And maybe its just me but using an "Avalnche" for a sled tow rig just seems like bad juju

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 155 has been in a ridgeline.............made good use of the factory tie down loops but the tail gate was down. the sled is 11 feet long and the box on them is 5'5" or so but add the 24" tail gate and it was ok, looked like it was going to fall out but it was ok

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
that looks not safe at all ! sorry !

i would so try to quickly pass u on the highway

just go and buy a truck even its an old beater to go to the mountains but still safer than this setup here

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that should have been in WTF post 1/2 tons arn't for hauling sleds 3/4 tons are bigger. that my opinion. lucky the fed didn't see you.

kingkat88

Reaction score
my 900 was on the trailer......lol our buddy that was supposed to haul us out with his super duty but bailed last minute on us and we said f**k it were still going. gotta do what you gotta do! and it was strapped good you just cant see them:p but we definatly got some looks on the hiway!:beer:

Hudson_M1000

Reaction score
Re: And they say an Avalanche wasn't built to haul a mountain sled

Hell yeah brother it was all good. Can't wait for the next trip. And Waka's Nytro is the shortest sled , I just can't see us lifting it into the back of the Avalanche. I call it gettin the "Nytro Stiffness"Been there a few times and not goin back.lol

Top Bottom