Alberta Beach ATV Rally - Dec 30, 2012

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
There will be lots of ice now. Wes & Kel put the posts in the lake 2 weeks ago and there was 8" then, we've been below -20 for over a week now and no signs of warming up. There are trucks running around all over the lake.

I wonder if they will be parking on the ice or at Echo Cycle. Last year we parked at Echo as it was too thin for all the vehicles. Never been a big fan of parking on ice though. Last week we were sledding at whitecourt drove across a beaver pond, looked back to see our tracks filling with water, not cool! well actually I'm sure it is if you were to go in!

LeinaD

Reaction score
There will be lots of ice now. Wes & Kel put the posts in the lake 2 weeks ago and there was 8" then, we've been below -20 for over a week now and no signs of warming up. There are trucks running around all over the lake.

I still prefer parking on solid ground as well, a few trucks spread out on the ice, fishing or whatever is fine but everyone parking together in a small area eeeeeeeek I'm not a fan......

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
not enough water in that lake for a boat... I figure your fine...

I still prefer parking on solid ground as well, a few trucks spread out on the ice, fishing or whatever is fine but everyone parking together in a small area eeeeeeeek I'm not a fan......

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather looks good for Sunday

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another guy who has the bility to find water, looks like a few of us.

GMoon

Reaction score
What are the rules/regs for riding at Alberta Beach? For 2 riders do you need to have a side by side or 2 up machine? What about insurance and registration?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What are the rules/regs for riding at Alberta Beach? For 2 riders do you need to have a side by side or 2 up machine? What about insurance and registration?

Insurance/Registration & Helmets are mandatory as for everything else I do not know.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good question???????????????

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Insurance and registration are definately required - the cops check everybody and tag everyone checked with a braclet. There's no rule about riding 2-up.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insurance and registration are definately required - the cops check everybody and tag everyone checked with a braclet. There's no rule about riding 2-up.

cuffs.jpg

GMoon

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. I've got all required papers, just checking for a buddy :rolleyes: plus my wife wants to come along and I just have an Outlander.

LeinaD

Reaction score
It's curious that helmets are mandatory when there's no Alberta helmet law...... I always wear one...... Just interesting.....

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope it is a club bylaw, They do not wish to be responsible for any injuries due to a club sanctioned event. It is a liability issue.

Top Bottom