313 Ski-Doo

Attachments

• 08CEA3F6-E99D-4C73-8979-0B96FD747416.jpeg
    08CEA3F6-E99D-4C73-8979-0B96FD747416.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 184

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so qualified 4 out of 5 classes . Sunday not quite as smooth, but pulled a 3rd in 900 pro improved behind Curtis and Rainey. Solid ice and rocks , no studs left on either machine. Stocker was faster than the turbo mod .probably hadn’t burnt the studs off so bad

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so qualified 4 out of 5 classes . Sunday not quite as smooth, but pulled a 3rd in 900 pro improved behind Curtis and Rainey. Solid ice and rocks , no studs left on either machine. Stocker was faster than the turbo mod .probably hadn’t burnt the studs off so bad
Are you sponsored? I'm asking cuz man that must be costly - studs is the ticket hey? I'd love to see the action in person - if I had the money I would love to try modding my track for it and give it a go on my turbo

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sponsored? I'm asking cuz man that must be costly - studs is the ticket hey? I'd love to see the action in person - if I had the money I would love to try modding my track for it and give it a go on my turbo

they are not allowed to compete without studs. It is a requirement. Not to mention you wouldn't make the hill without them

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are not allowed to compete without studs. It is a requirement. Not to mention you wouldn't make the hill without them
What size of lug and track length is the norm or ideal? - tight corners on the way up right?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I had bottomless pockets - I would love to try it - I would be trying to build studs that the turbo couldn't throw

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I had bottomless pockets - I would love to try it - I would be trying to build studs that the turbo couldn't throw

pretty sure the rules regulate the studs and they must be approved by ISR for use. i Could be wrong.

Its a fine line, i know the boys at Jackson play with the studs race to race. Pulling one stud out of every second lug can pick you up top end speed in the fast sections, when the snow is softer and has good bite not as many studs required. Next morning, icy again all studs required, snow softens up, remove studs. Im just speaking out of my arse here but im sure Fyniggan will chime in soon

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This my son , he has some local sponsors but most of it is on his dime. my wife and used to partially sponsor him and I did a lot of his setup but he is taking care most of that now as well . Not a cheap sport to be involved in . First time he went to Afton , probably 4 years ago he tried it without studs scared the crap out him . The studs don’t always throw, they tear out taking the paddle with them or this past weekend they just burn off on the rocks . I tell what really sucks is taking a brand new 3 inch doo track and cutting down to 2

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not studs in the traditional sense, they are traction screws. Like the kind that ice racers use in ice racing motocross. You can't run full studs and you only run as few as you need to. You get hit by a sled track with studs in it and its like a chainsaw. They will pull out no matter what, they are just screwed into the paddles.

Top Bottom