Aftermarket skis

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know aftermarket skis used to be talked way more about. I was a big endorser of the simmons skis on the original rev chasis. Tried them on my XM and hated them.

That being said I'm just not a huge fan of the skis on my Gen 4 summit. They seem darty as all get out on the trails and I get it, its a mountain sled who cares about trails, but when I am in the powder I think any ski is great like its a non issue so the trail is when you actually need to like your skis. I remember simmons on the original rev being like power steering. I'm really tempted to try the Gen 3 Simmons skis on my sled again. I never tried the Gen 3 simmons before. Has anyone else her tried them? I doubt it but figured I would ask.

The slydogs are a good looking ski but I dont have any experience with them.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know aftermarket skis used to be talked way more about. I was a big endorser of the simmons skis on the original rev chasis. Tried them on my XM and hated them.

That being said I'm just not a huge fan of the skis on my Gen 4 summit. They seem darty as all get out on the trails and I get it, its a mountain sled who cares about trails, but when I am in the powder I think any ski is great like its a non issue so the trail is when you actually need to like your skis. I remember simmons on the original rev being like power steering. I'm really tempted to try the Gen 3 Simmons skis on my sled again. I never tried the Gen 3 simmons before. Has anyone else her tried them? I doubt it but figured I would ask.

The slydogs are a good looking ski but I dont have any experience with them.
Is your Sway bar still on ?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got about 5000 kms on polaris grippers between XM's and GEN4, love the ski and how they handle on the trail and on the hill.
Durapro actually makes a rubber just for the gripper on a doo spindle. Center the bushings and away yea go.

Top Bottom