Aftermarket extended warranty

evan3000

Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience dealing with these aftermarket warranty companies?
I just bought a truck 09 2500 ram 6.7 from a dealer, and I went for the Extended warranty they were pitching The company is called Coverage One Extended Warranty.
the package is costing me $2700 for full bumper to bumper coverage to 160k

I'm just curious if these guys will screw around when it comes time to make a claim. I haven't picked up the truck yet or finalized the deal so I'm sure I could get out of it if need be.

Thanks

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrysler also offers and extended warranty as well, you should be able to get the info from them.

Also make sure you don't pay for etching antitheft BS, the original owner already paid for that.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually allot of BS with them extended warranties maybe for a deisel but i would not buy for a gas job.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you read the fine print in a lot of these aftermarket warranties they do not cover wear out...which any part that would fail after so many kms would be considered "wear out"...

bigjeffh

Reaction score
Stay away from aftermarket warranties. I've spent 13 years with Chrysler in the service department and had issues with every one of them. Some of them even wanted to put used parts on. I just bought a 2011 laramie 2500 4WD diesel and paid sub $2300.00 for a 7 year 160000 km extended waranty from chrysler. This is also with a $0.00 deductible and a rental car if its in the shop over night due to a repair or parts issue. My word of advise is that I have seen too many people get screwed with the aftermarket stuff including myself. Nothing beats the factory extended warranty. If you want the exact amount I paid, let me know. I also do not work for chrysler anymore.

Last edited:

evan3000

Reaction score
Its amazing how these dealers are out to screw you over. If I would have walked in and paid the full asking price for the truck, taken there extended warranty and then taken the insurance on the financing I would have walked out paying an extra $11,000 for this used truck!!!! It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth!!! I still bought the truck, but they didn't get anything extra out of me!! Buyer beware even if it is a reputable "dealer"

Thanks for the input!!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 years ago a good friend of mine's wife was selling chairs and tv's at the Brick Now she makes more than me and him combined selling warranties. That pretty much summed it up for me, they make a ton of cash on those things. She's got huge 00 :) though I think that's why she does so well at it, that's why I bought one from her... Lol

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 years ago a good friend of mine's wife was selling chairs and tv's at the Brick Now she makes more than me and him combined selling warranties. That pretty much summed it up for me, they make a ton of cash on those things. She's got huge 00 :) though I think that's why she does so well at it, that's why I bought one from her... Lol

Too Funny!!

We all beotch about the cost of things until we run into a nice set of tatas..:p
Money no shortage of cash here, what you selling honey!!:cool:
We have our Vices!!:rolleyes:

Off topic. But I had to cause its; freakin true. SHAT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom