Advice on sled rentals, etc??

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to know what are your guys plans once you go sledding and get hooked:d:d:d

Haha I rode a M8 and 1000 last winter, not in the mountains but I was still hooked nonetheless!

The plan is to get my hubby hooked and severly influenced and hopefully someday go and buy our own!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rent locally where ever you are going to ride. .

To me this is the best advice most of the time the local shop can give you good advice as to current conditions as well. They know where everyone rode the day before and I my experance give great advice as to where to ride on any given day. And will give you a sled suited to you and the area your going to go to.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I rode a M8 and 1000 last winter, not in the mountains but I was still hooked nonetheless!

The plan is to get my hubby hooked and severly influenced and hopefully someday go and buy our own!

If you really want to seal the deal get your hubby to try a new Skidoo. Then he will be hook....line.....and sinker!! :d:beer::thumb:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is a wise choice to rent first, the reason being is that you will be able to try out different brands. Seeing as all the different brands ride and handle differently. Then you can A see if you guys love the sport(hard not to love it), B you will also be able to see what brand you like the most in regards to ride/handling and such.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is a wise choice to rent first, the reason being is that you will be able to try out different brands. Seeing as all the different brands ride and handle differently. Then you can A see if you guys love the sport(hard not to love it), B you will also be able to see what brand you like the most in regards to ride/handling and such.

Our thoughts exactly...

I know we will love it, but cost of owning/maintaining/riding sleds (especially in the mountains) is pretty outrageous, so we're kinda wondering if renting them a couple times a season vs the cost of purchasing/owning/maintaining decent sleds is worth it, or if we'd do it enough to justify spending insane amounts of $$ on the sport... but I guess we'll find out lol.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our thoughts exactly...

I know we will love it, but cost of owning/maintaining/riding sleds (especially in the mountains) is pretty outrageous, so we're kinda wondering if renting them a couple times a season vs the cost of purchasing/owning/maintaining decent sleds is worth it, or if we'd do it enough to justify spending insane amounts of $$ on the sport... but I guess we'll find out lol.

We actually have lots of people that rent because they only make one or two trips a year to the mtn's and if they ride for 3 days each trip they look at it like each day rental is kinda like one month's payment on a new sled and then in the end they dont have to worry about maintenance and they can always be riding a new sled. So if you make two trips 3 days riding each it's like 6 payments and not having to pay the other 6 months of the year. And if something goes wrong with a sled you just bring it back to the shop you rented it from and they send you out with a different sled if the issue cant be resolved right away and quickly.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I agree completely, we don't like being in debt and financing sleds to ride them a handful of times a season is out of the question. But if we rented them enough and enjoyed the riding enough to justify buying them well we have equity in 3 of our properties and that we would consider using for whatever amount we couldnt afford to pay out of pocket.. and we would go hunting in the states for good deals too. Lease is up on the truck in two years and we will be shopping down south for a bigger truck so maybe by then we'll go sled shopping too:)

Top Bottom