AC 1100T 2013 HCR Gears

Ekim

Reaction score
Want to lower the gearing in my sled. Went to the dealer and he said there are no options for lowering the gearing on my sled. Is this true? Has anyone lowered the gearing on their 2013 1100T? I believe a lower gear set has many benefits. Thanks.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat lists 20-24 tooth top gear and 35,36,37,38,40,41,48 and 49 bottom gears
Only reduction shown on chart is to drop to 20 tooth on top, still 90 pitch chain, for a 4 mph reduction on top end (from 84mph to 80mph @ 8000rpm)
Your dealer can pull up on catquest for you, it gives gear ratios, chain pitches and final drive speeds at various RPMs

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
No one has a 15w 20 tooth gear. Cat has lots in 13w. I had Team's 50 tooth as an option but we felt with the 92 chain the auto tensioner was extended too far. In a joint effort with Evo we are building a lower ratio Hyvo gear set that retains reverse. Still couple weeks out.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and get rid of auto tensioner- install a manual one off of a race sled- involves drilling an access hole for the chain tensioner bolt, but is pretty straight forward

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
I'm sure I've sold more manual tensioners than anyone in the West, been on that plan for a while. Yes you could run it with the 50 tooth and HD chain, but for $300 more you could have a Hyvo set up with different gearing. That was the general consensus from most of the guys running Evo turbo kits. I also stock the STM gears for guys wanting to ditch reverse and do a Hyvo set up, need 800 shaft for that thou and no gear options at the current time. I put 7 tooth drivers in so I got some gear reduction that way.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
I also talked to d&d in November and they had no idea that there might be guys wanting a 20t option in their Hyvo gear set. That question seemed as weird as a guy free falling from space.....wait, that happened, but we still only have F gearing from d&d. I've been on this chaincase deal all winter and concluded we just have to do it ourselves.

Ekim

Reaction score
Someone has to do it. I can't believe more people are not demanding this product for their sleds. I have geared both of my previous sleds down (Different brands) with great results IMO.

Top Bottom