A serious hockey question

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
I am not so sure about Keenan's job. I think the Flames should keep him and not change again after one season. But, I have heard that there were some flared tempers over hiring Keenan in the first place, so I guess time will tell.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL!!!!

Honestly though, think Keenan will still have a job after this season?

Not sure what you find funny about drinking ,driving and killing a person, but I quess each to his own.
This club is very slow to make changes and may not. In Keenans defence we are fighting for a high placement in a very tough division. Many clubs didn't do as well.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Yes, if only we could be as lucky as detroit and play chicago, colombus, and st. louis 8 times a year!

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GETR'DONE... remember the REDMILE is only a cheap attempt at replicating the "Jasper Ave" glory days from the 80's and 90's in E'Town!! :D By the way, We enjoyed that about 5 times or so :D:D How many times have you guys enjoyed the Dead Mile, sorry ... I mean the Red mile? :rolleyes::confused:

Ok I tried to stay out of this but I can't .. Right now ( in modern times ) the Oilers have a legacy of missing the playoffs and making bad trades. Now your recent glory daze celebration has moved to Whyte Ave where the fine fans don't party - they burn pallets and smash windows and hang off power lines in the middle of the street. The city is still paying for the Police overtime cost from two years ago. Yes Scotty, Switch and Girlluvshockey - the Oilers has a dynasty in the late eighties and hockey and hockey fans was civil back then and now I am not so sure.

Zar

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone makes some vaild points. But guys come on look at the big picture here. Alberta alot smaller then New York. Example Ilanders, Rangers. Have the state of New york ever won back to back Western Conference championships? No i didn't think so. The Flames won it and then the next year the Oilers won it. I lived in Calgary and lived in Edm for both teams runs and it was amazing. Wether you live in Calgary or Edm were all in Alberta and should be proub of both clubs. I will be cheering for the Flames and if the oilers were in I would be cheering for them as well. I have season seats for the Oil but would love to see the cup back in Alberta. Yes I love seeing the Battle of Alberta as do we all but hey we are one Province where 2 years in a row we kick ass.
That is my opinion on the topic.

Go Flames make us proud in alberta.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer to watch the Flames in the play-offs. There's something about not knowing which team will show up that makes it even more interesting.
I think Keenan is in a tough spot. Most of our team knows what needs to be done and how to do it. He has to figure out a way to light the fire.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer to watch the Flames in the play-offs. There's something about not knowing which team will show up that makes it even more interesting.
I think Keenan is in a tough spot. Most of our team knows what needs to be done and how to do it. He has to figure out a way to light the fire.[/QUOTE
easy solution get a bigger stick of dynamite

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Hockey fans were more civil in the 80's. Sure...ok I will give you that.......but dont be pointing a finger at EDM for being rowdy on Whyte. The Red Mile had plenty going on too! Plus (and this was just last weekend) an Oilers fan was beat up in Calgary. I am not going to say he did provoke, etc....but only that it goes both ways. So careful where you point that finger.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hockey fans were more civil in the 80's. Sure...ok I will give you that.......but dont be pointing a finger at EDM for being rowdy on Whyte. The Red Mile had plenty going on too! Plus (and this was just last weekend) an Oilers fan was beat up in Calgary. I am not going to say he did provoke, etc....but only that it goes both ways. So careful where you point that finger.
The Red Mile was Ugly because BIGFOOT ran naked thru the whole RED MILE, marking his territory.:eek:
The beating was a disgrace and a black mark for Calgary. Banter is great but beatings takes the fun out of being a fan of the sport.:(:eek:
Most of the real trouble makers dont even watch hockey, there just crack addicts looking for a party.:mad:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Whoa don't worry I was very careful not pointing the finger. I live in Edmonton. I don't dare wear my Flames jersey in public north of Red Deer and I definately don't beak off at a car load of five Oiler fans after the Oilers lose a game against Calgary. Calgary is definately more tolerant of Oiler fans than Edmonton tolerant of Flames fans - this is fact and that is the way it is - that is life in Alberta and I accept that I definately don't condone the senseless beating that took place in Calgary and I think the media play it up to provoke a future payback in Edmonton. I apologize I struck a raw nerve with you ( girlluvshockey). I will buy you a beer - many beers (anywhere but Whyte Ave during future playoffs). A note to Flames fans " Don't wear your Jersey in Edmonton" it's not worth it.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
I didnt mean to come off that strong so no apology necessary.....perhaps the beer though!:)

I agree, banter is a great feature of competetive sports.....some people go to far and you are right they are usually not hockey fans. I was on whyte after game 6 of the SCF and left at 1 am. Cause after that there were more G-unit shirts than Oilers Jersey's.

Calgary fans have always been decent to me....other than banter, when I wear the Cooper and Blue in the Saddledome and the C-train.

Actually funny story, the rudest anyone got with me was on the C-train and after the guy looked at his buddy and said " Are the flames playing tonight". Just proves that the bad ones out there aren't hockey fans.

G

Guest1

A TRUE HOCKEY FAN is either a Flame or Oiler supporter....NOT an Albertan FAN...my $0.02

OVER!!!

ps...RED Mile was not nearly as ROWDY as the BLUE Mile

GOT HOORISH BOOLIGANS

Top Bottom