A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi lilduke took your advice an geared the t3 163 down to 19. Also went to 110 chain. Man this thing holds 7900 on clicker 2 all day long now. She just keeps pulling and didnt really lose any hill climbing track speed. Thanks for your help

No problem, helped my sled out a lot.:beer:

Hi Pete was wondering if you did the work your self? if you did what did the parts cost? Any tips on doing the job?

Part cost me 20$ for the gear, could cost as much as 50$ though depending on ur source. You will need a socket set, oil, the gear and 20mins.

It is a really easy job.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was beginning to think the only breakdowns you took pictures of were Poos. ;)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the left overs from last night mission was it?
The boys never got gown till after 1:30 last night Robbie was telling me.

No different guys than last night.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem, helped my sled out a lot.

Part cost me 20$ for the gear, could cost as much as 50$ though depending on ur source. You will need a socket set, oil, the gear and 20mins.

It is a really easy job.
20 min on a non electronic start one.. Few more beers on a electronic start one, just to move stuff and put it back

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just did the chain in my rt1000 X. damn that electric start/big battery.

good thing I got up early on sundy morn and found the chain had thrown a chunk, still got to the trail head at the usual time ... crack of noon club ...

I have sooo many spare parts in the garage its not funny ...

anyone need any rt1000 parts? clutches pipes ? anything ?

hopefully the snow comes good soon, Curt n I want to do a day or to at revy ... but I've been sayn that for a few years now ...

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just did the chain in my rt1000 X. damn that electric start/big battery.

good thing I got up early on sundy morn and found the chain had thrown a chunk, still got to the trail head at the usual time ... crack of noon club ...

I have sooo many spare parts in the garage its not funny ...

anyone need any rt1000 parts? clutches pipes ? anything ?

hopefully the snow comes good soon, Curt n I want to do a day or to at revy ... but I've been sayn that for a few years now ...
A few years and you couldn't drive 148 km?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah come to Revy any time Adam. I have a cool area I'd like to show you. Think you'd like. :beer:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem, helped my sled out a lot.:beer:

It is a really easy job.
Hey Thanks I will shop around for the gear. Crap it takes 20 mins for the lights to warmed up in the shop!

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Keith. Have to remove can or suit case from side. Lock brake. Put a bowel under chaincase on floor to catch oil. Then undo the bolts holding cover on an let oil drip,out. Disconnect wire from cover an wiggle it out. Now loosen chain tightener all the way. Lock brake an remove bolt from top gear an pull off gear an chain. Let off brake. Now put chain back on bottom gear then put top gear in chain an put back on shaft. Make sure spacer is behind gear. Might have to move track or clutch to line up spline to gear. Once on put loctite on bolt an put back in. Lock brake again. Tight chain to a good finger tight. Then put everything back on. Put in new oil an done.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Keith. Have to remove can or suit case from side. Lock brake. Put a bowel under chaincase on floor to catch oil. Then undo the bolts holding cover on an let oil drip,out. Disconnect wire from cover an wiggle it out. Now loosen chain tightener all the way. Lock brake an remove bolt from top gear an pull off gear an chain. Let off brake. Now put chain back on bottom gear then put top gear in chain an put back on shaft. Make sure spacer is behind gear. Might have to move track or clutch to line up spline to gear. Once on put loctite on bolt an put back in. Lock brake again. Tight chain to a good finger tight. Then put everything back on. Put in new oil an done.
Doesn't sound worth it.....

chris79

Reaction score
Tip sled on its side and you dont even need to drain the oil out. If it doesnt need a change that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris79

Reaction score
If you tip sled on its side you dont even need to drain the oil out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom