A/F gauge! What kind??

blownapex

Reaction score
Well I cooked my A/F Gauge with race fuel. So I wanna replace the who unit. So I was wondering what you guys are running? Or what you recommend!?
Thanks!

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AEM wideband is the best that I've found. Self adjusting . Plug and play.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the sensors like leaded fuel. You can usually just replace the sensor, no need to buy a new gauge.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the sensors like leaded fuel. You can usually just replace the sensor, no need to buy a new gauge.

Mine has the bosch sensor, can I just go to the NAPA store and buy a new one or are they specific? Kinda thought that they were all generic type sensors.

Thanks

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has the bosch sensor, can I just go to the NAPA store and buy a new one or are they specific? Kinda thought that they were all generic type sensors.

Thanks

I run the AEM. So far it's great. Do you know which model of sensor you need? I have a Bosch LSU 4.2 Wideband O2 Sensor that I'd let go for around $30.00 US +ship. It only has a approximatly 200 miles on it. My old guage quit and the AEM I just installed uses a different style Bosh sensor. PM if interested.:beer:

blownapex

Reaction score
I am looking at the AEM now. and I only run 30% race fuel. I cooked the one I had which was innovate motorsports. I think ill go with the AEM.
also any of you guys running the AEM truboost gauge? if so how do you like it? or any problems?

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
FJO is about the best out there, use the NTK sensor and you won't have any more problems, Expensive but well worth the money. Been on my blown Nytro for 3 years on straight c-16-Darren

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just do what darren tells u he is the best when it comes to superchargers or turbos on the yammies :d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be lookin' for a discount, lol. All leaded fuels will foul the sensors. My first one lasted over 1300km, depends how much you run it. An oxygen sensor is like a battery and it generates voltage based on the oxygen content, they use ceramic inside the sensor and once the lead coats it they will no longer generate voltage. You cannot clean them. Most wideband A/F gauges use a Bosch sensor but they have different connectors for AEM and Innovate. You can't change the connectors as they have a chip in them. Last time I got some they were around $100 for both styles.

Last edited:

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aem......50/50 race prem....sensor lasted half a season....on pump its lasted 2 and still going....

blownapex

Reaction score
Right on darren might as well through that combo on my sled since its at the shop! thanks for the info guys.

Happy boosting!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aem......50/50 race prem....sensor lasted half a season....on pump its lasted 2 and still going....

Pump is unleaded. Race is leaded. Av is low lead (but still leaded) The same sensors are used on vehicles and they last a long time as well.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pump is unleaded. Race is leaded. Av is low lead (but still leaded) The same sensors are used on vehicles and they last a long time as well.

yes i know....just stating that leaded fuel they don't last long.....

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FJO is about the best out there, use the NTK sensor and you won't have any more problems, Expensive but well worth the money. Been on my blown Nytro for 3 years on straight c-16-Darren

FJO is what I'm running but do you know what part number for the sensor if I went to lordco/napa? I need to change it!

Last edited:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place to get sensors in Calgary? NAPA? I've got a AEM A/F which I think the O2 sensor is done. It's a Bosch.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the AEM now. and I only run 30% race fuel. I cooked the one I had which was innovate motorsports. I think ill go with the AEM.
also any of you guys running the AEM truboost gauge? if so how do you like it? or any problems?

I'm running an AEM truboost on a Nytro MCX 270 and so far its great. Just a tappy tap of the button to increase or decrease the boost.

Nis240

Reaction score
Must be lookin' for a discount, lol. All leaded fuels will foul the sensors. My first one lasted over 1300km, depends how much you run it. An oxygen sensor is like a battery and it generates voltage based on the oxygen content, they use ceramic inside the sensor and once the lead coats it they will no longer generate voltage. You cannot clean them. Most wideband A/F gauges use a Bosch sensor but they have different connectors for AEM and Innovate. You can't change the connectors as they have a chip in them. Last time I got some they were around $100 for both styles.

This man knows what hes talking about. Its all true, ive been through all this crap with all the vehicles i turboed over the years.

Nis240

Reaction score
Where's the best place to get sensors in Calgary? NAPA? I've got a AEM A/F which I think the O2 sensor is done. It's a Bosch.

I have an AEM guage in my car and my 2006 Nissan Frontier actually uses the same O2 sensors on the drivers side from factory....

If your stuck just hit up a Nissan dealership, they may have them in stock.

Top Bottom