A dozen more turns

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How often do we challenge our friends and how often do we push ourselves on the hills when we are trained and know the danger but the rush of the thrill wins. The video is a sad reality check of how fast good times can go bad.:(

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Shredder for finding this video. I watched it from start to finish and agree completly with it. So often we wait and wait to ride the big hills on a holiday weekend and disregard the warnings just so we can go and ride where maybe we should be more cautious. But like mentioned in the video. It`s more important to surround yourself with the people your with and share the experience that you all are having with being up there together and not focus on how high you go or where you go into just that you are there having fun as a group of friends. When conditions are iffie we should just enjoy what we can safely and resist the opportunity to push the limits and live to come back another weekend where we can experience the full effect we all look forward to when we go out to the mountains. How quickly a trip can turn bad for you and all waiting for your return.
Thanks again Shredder for this video.

Glasser

Reaction score
Thanks Shredder for posting this video. It really emphasises the need to constantly be aware of your surroundings and possible dangers and to not push the limits of what your inner self is telling you is too much danger. One of the statements that got to me was that the greatest thing is to be able to share your experiences with those that mean a lot to you. To go skiing or sledding and to be able to share that experience with friends and family is a great moment. To be able to show that you can make wise decisions to do things in a safe and fun manner is even greater. Right now I would much rather put off a run, even till next year if necessary, than take a chance I am not comfortable with. The most danger and loss of focus comes when we try to 'out do' our buddies. Let's hope that we can all enjoy our own limits and not try to push past our abilities. Thanks for the video.

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent Video!! Everyone needs to watch this video from start to end.
I'm headed up to the hills in a couple of weeks and this video will definately be in the back of my mind the entire time. Awsome!

800RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Shredder :clapping:

LETS BE CAREFULL OUT THERE

Like the video says, "Dont be afraid to speak up if you're not comfortable".

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shredder for posting this video, like others have said play safe and play smart. I heard this story in the news while I was living in Casper I was sad to hear it on the news, but this video really makes it hit home.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great video,I hope everyone watches it.The outcome was sad but the information is priceless!
Thanks for posting it Shredder!
catmando!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, heart wrenching story....
I am definately going to be sending this link to all my backcountry buds.
Thanks.
Darcy

Top Bottom