95 Jag 440 broken clutch bolt

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the bolt sheared off in the motor crank shaft. I haven't tried yet but can those be drilled and EZ outed? Or should I take the motor in to Echo Cycle? Sad part is the lady riding wasn't doing anything stupid, she was just riding the trail and pop it goes. Would not believe it if I wasn't right behind her. Weird.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the bolt sheared off in the motor crank shaft. I haven't tried yet but can those be drilled and EZ outed? Or should I take the motor in to Echo Cycle? Sad part is the lady riding wasn't doing anything stupid, she was just riding the trail and pop it goes. Would not believe it if I wasn't right behind her. Weird.

its easy to get to a use a punch and mark the center of the bolt really good and get a left handed drill bit and it should start to drill and then spin the bolt out any good tool shop will have left hand drill bits and easy outs to match the drill and the threads are 1/2 fine in the crank and I might have a clutch bolt to fit just need the lengh of yours

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if there was something special about the bolt. Worth fixing the sled as it a good size for new riders, as soon as I get home I will measure the bolt.

Reaction score
Website
www.lakefrontsports.com
I wouldnt try and drill it, they are hardened and you will have a bitch of a time.
Just get a heavy wall piece of small diameter pipe just make sure the ID is just smaller than the bold diameter. Cut it so a few inches stick out past the clutch and get a stick welder and weld it on the inside to the sheared portion of the bolt.

Take a pipe wrench and back it out when it is hot, no problem, done this before, only takes minutes.

Top Bottom