9 year old on an 800

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed! But I think there is a balance to making your kids appreciate what they get by sharing the cost... then they won't grow up expecting society to pay for their lives.

But as for a 9 year old riding an 800.... are you nuts!! You'll be sorry when he wraps that sled around a tree going 50 miles an hour! Accidents happen.... they are not done on purpose and no one is immuned to that!
X's 2 ..... all kids are different true, but at 9 most do not have the maturity and physical strength necessary .... maybe you should give him the keys to your F250 and your Harley and your Bayliner too .... too many kids (and adults) in emerg because they were on a machine that they were not equipped to handle ... metal and plastic are easy fixes as it only take money to replace .... health / life is a very different story.........................................
Cannot understand why everyone thinks that they have to have the biggest sled ... bought a 600 pro last year and for our elevation (0 to 3000) its more than enough .... have seen loads of adults on 800's too who really should't have been on anything more than a 370 / 550 fan!

levisatermo187

Reaction score
I was on an M6 153 when I was 9. By the time I was 11 i had an M8. That's having experience from diaper days though on a zr120. Nothing ever bothered me about it.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Upgraded my youngster (8yr) to a freestyle 550, and even that's a bit big for him but he will grow into it quick. Guy had another one left if interested

Top Bottom