800r crank

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently had a near by dealer get another crank for my 07 sum x and lone behold when i pick it up and start putting back together my cage bearing for my pistons would not fit in the connecting rod got told there is an update and now today with the cage bearings, they fit fine in the rod but now my wrist pins wont fit through, anyone know some info on this or is my dealer f*c*in me around, just thinking i got the wrong crank? :rant:

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock bearing and wristppins or aftermarket kit?

got an rktek drop in kit in there, talked to another dealer and was told they dont think its the right crank, and yes stock bearings or act the ones from the dealer

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
phone kelsey talking to your dealer is not going to help you

unless

is it like doesnt even close to fit? or just takes more force than you would like ?

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
phone kelsey talking to your dealer is not going to help you

unless

is it like doesnt even close to fit? or just takes more force than you would like ?

already had the kit from rktek installed on my previous motor, new crank now and connecting rod isnt the same as my old one was. Only 400km on the kit, ran fine just lost center bearing on crank, got a new crank now the issues. and yes it isnt even close to fitting now. my old cage bearings would not fit in the connecting rod (new crank), this set of caged bearings which came from the brp dealer today fit the connecting rod but now my wrist pins wont fit the caged bearings. thus the reason for thinking its the wrong crank

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
already had the kit from rktek installed on my previous motor, new crank now and connecting rod isnt the same as my old one was. Only 400km on the kit, ran fine just lost center bearing on crank, got a new crank now the issues. and yes it isnt even close to fitting now. my old cage bearings would not fit in the connecting rod (new crank), this set of caged bearings which came from the brp dealer today fit the connecting rod but now my wrist pins wont fit the caged bearings. thus the reason for thinking its the wrong crank

The wrist pins for the R motor are bigger than the older Series III motor.
This sounds like were your problem is. If your old pins do not go through the connecting rods with your old bearings they have given you a Series III crank. If it was the correct crank all of your old stuff should fit.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wrist pins for the R motor are bigger than the older Series III motor.
This sounds like were your problem is. If your old pins do not go through the connecting rods with your old bearings they have given you a Series III crank. If it was the correct crank all of your old stuff should fit.

Turned out it was the wrong crank installed in my cases, brought my motor back to the dealer to have fixed once again :mad: a week ago, make a phone call today to see if my motor was done yet and get told "well theres no snow so we didnt see it as a rush to get it fixed" meanwhile the dam work had already been paid for, makes one wonder if this is the kinda service im gonna get from this dealer as i have a new e tec ordered from him. Guess this is one guy that might just say f it on the new sled. :nono:

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if this were me i would call the dealer and tell him i want my money back no hurry in fixing it, no hurry in paying for it,if its been paid in full already you would think it would be priorty to get it fixed for you,as for the new sled good luck

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're not a priority off their f@!k up then i'd definetly be rethinking the big purchase!
I'd see how quick they get this done now that you've contacted them. If it's in your hands quite quickly then ok maybe you can chalk it up to "Alright i didn't tell them it was a rush!", but if it starts to drag out and you have to keep calling them, i wouldn't deal with them. What happens when you take your sled in, is that the same service you're going to get with that!

Top Bottom