800R big bore kits....whose do you have, and how's it workin?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this guy........................

care to share?.....or not, thats totally fine....
i'm just asking..... not trying to take food from your babes, or to fuel my evil plan to steal the microfilm and reinvent the porting process of the Big Bore.......mooowaaaahhhhhhh!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you got lots of cheerleading teroy, maybe now ask the cheerleaders how many pistons and other issues each has had, might slow the fourm down a bit...lol, trust me there bin a few on here

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
care to share?.....or not, thats totally fine....
i'm just asking..... not trying to take food from your babes, or to fuel my evil plan to steal the microfilm and reinvent the porting process of the Big Bore.......mooowaaaahhhhhhh!

LOL

i the 860 174 wasnt climbing any higher than my stock 800 163

making identical track speeds.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

ohhhh....realy..... well thats easy.... You obviously don't know ---- ---- -----!.....:eek: that seems to be the consensus.

Go Team MAXROY!!:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you got lots of cheerleading teroy, maybe now ask the cheerleaders how many pistons and other issues each has had, might slow the fourm down a bit...lol, trust me there bin a few on here
that's exactly what I'm after Fred....I want real world experiences and not just the hype. sure their kits may be working fine now, but at what cost? was it bolt in and go, or were there tuning problems, mechanical failures, etc....I just want a reliable pump gas setup that will run strong and worry free. I have no alliance or dealings with any of the builders, everyone's kits seem to have their their good stories and bad. Big John and Kelsey seem to have the most experience building these kits and putting them on the snow, their trial and error process must have been costly and exhaustive. of all the builders, their reviews seem to be the most positive....my cash will do the talking I guess.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a polished turd......is still just a turd................just incase someone was wanting to know...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

can you post a little about your setup maxwell, ie: pipe, can, y pipe, reeds, compression ratio....is there more to be had from your kit in your opinion?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you post a little about your setup maxwell, ie: pipe, can, y pipe, reeds, compression ratio....is there more to be had from your kit in your opinion?

i dont see how. running 470 mains and roosterbuilt specific 860 clutching. stock reeds, slp y pipe, slp can. john mentioned the slp can lost a few ponies on the dyno so this i think is where its being held up.

until i do what rky/john reccomend " not running extra goodies" then ill know whats up.

i just really dont think switching cans is going to make it come alive and turn into a beast. but...well see id love to eat my words

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a 174 was making the same trackspeed as a 163, why didn't it go higher/faster? Weight of riders? Rider ability?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a 174 was making the same trackspeed as a 163, why didn't it go higher/faster? Weight of riders? Rider ability?

i wondered the same thing. thinking the suspension setup maybe. riders are the same weight within 10lbs and similar ability.

one reads 80km/h and mine reads anywhere from 45-50mph

both 2.5"

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
maxwell

If your kit is a SHR 860, then I would do what Johns recommends.. He knows HIS kit better than anybody..

If the kit is one of mine.. we should talk because with your current set-up, it will NEVER run even close to its potential without major changes

Kelsey

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
thanks kelsey,

im going to get rid of that slp junk can and throw on the stocker and see what happens.

other than that its per his spec.

Again, I do not ride or set up SHR kits.. But I can tell you that if it were my kit.. The Y pipe and can would HAVE to go FOR SURE if it is ever to run right.. But on his kit, they may work fine.. I would just do whatever John recommends and NOT question ANY of it REGARDLESS of how "silly" it may sound...

caution

Reaction score

fred correct me if im wrong and if i am sorry.but pretty sure im right.how many engines did you cook before you got the 880 rocket to where its now.now lets be serious.i think i got it figured out.you beet up on 860 that are not set up as builder says.you been called out here and snow west.so lets see what you got.dont forget to tell about the crank crank case porting/bored carbs /174 track and so on.and the nitros.nice videos but did not impress me.lets be serious fred because god himself must of built the 880.

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure fred only has 163 inch track 3 inch lug,but the crank and crank case porting is interesting to me,always up to try something new love modding i cant help it

caution

Reaction score
sorry 163 3" perhaps thats why on the video he couldnt make the hill the first try.but track pouching it made .:rolleyes:

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better run to costco and get some popcorn cause this is gonna get interesting.................................. :funnytv:

Top Bottom