800R big bore kits....whose do you have, and how's it workin?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the ration of peeps who were underwhelmed vs the guys who thought it was worth the 2-3K?
enough to sway me away from buying a big bore kit. your results may vary....:beer:

Reaction score
i just dropped my 08 xp, 146 off at ralphs. told me i can pick it up next week(as long as pipes show up). will have opinions on it after the long weekend.

Reaction score
spilt second 860, jaws twins, high compression. just picked it up tonight, gonna take it out tomorrow, heard the snows shitty though. (valemount)

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally put on my engine tech head (13.5 : 1 )I changed my pin weight to 15.9 g from 15.3 and put .0010 shim under needle.kept the stock pilots in.WOW did it ever wake up the mid range on my xp.Definatly well worth the 375.Next is the BB.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am back My Pretties......Off the my turbos and onto my new to me 08 XP.........

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
so its true that the 800R is 142 hp and 95 lbs/T @7900/8000 rpm.....not the claimed 151 HP.
anyone have differant numbers that this?

I don't think it is the point of the post but, I have seen 137 hp max out of one engine (stock) and 159 hp out of another. Same dyno, multiple runs etc.

I have seen what a good BB that is tuned right, can do......wow! And well worth the money.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone using the shockwave in there 860?

yes just put one on my sled, initial test it down the alley results where good :d. will let you know how it works after this weekend.

Another in our group has one on his 860, worked really good and almost easier to adjust than the clickers.

cant go wrong i think as well the cad dollar is stron, cost me 276CAN to purchase. Origional price is 275US

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya..seems most of these builders are reccomending it....the helix im running now revs right out and holds 8100 all day but sure doesnt pull very hard. i think adjusting it in the morning for the snow conditions might be the ticket.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya..seems most of these builders are reccomending it....the helix im running now revs right out and holds 8100 all day but sure doesnt pull very hard. i think adjusting it in the morning for the snow conditions might be the ticket.

Maxwell, i think i read that you were gonna be trying a Roosterbuilt kit on a SHR 860. Have you tried it? Did you like it? Better/worse than other set ups such as a DJ kit ect.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly not impressed. i have dj kits in all my other sleds and they pull just as hard as the 860 it seems. the roosterbuilt does hold a steady rpm all day....just trying to narrow down if its the engine not making extra power or if the clutching is not quite right

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Shockwave. It's nice for changes....but the straight ramp is still a compromise. Power delivery and track loads are not linear in nature....clutching should not be either. DJ's helix works GREAT with the big bore.

skidoogirl

Reaction score
I put in an RK Tek 860 this year, in my 09 XP 154. I have a 14:1 head, and run 3 gallons avgas per tank. I have it jetted about perfectly for the lowest elevation we ride, which is 5K. And it screams, pulls very hard and has a ton of torque on the bottom end, which I love coming off a 600 SDI. I am always expecting to get stuck or not pull out of a hole in very deep powder and it is always surprising me. Once we get up to about 8K it's a bit rich. Since our snow is melting, we'll be riding mostly higher elevations now and I've lowered the jets more to get that power at higher elevations. Avy conditions have been really bad, so we've had to be careful about where we're riding and have been riding lower areas the last couple weeks.

I am thoroughly impressed with this sled, and Kelsey has been helpful and great to deal with. Got my parts overnight also, which is awesome!

I've got my eye on some nice chutes to attempt when the avy conditions get better. Just thought I'd add my .02 and say I'm happy with it and it is running perfectly . :d

Also got my clutch floated by Doodoctor and it's working great. Really really great also to have easy access to carbs and everything else.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Shockwave. It's nice for changes....but the straight ramp is still a compromise. Power delivery and track loads are not linear in nature....clutching should not be either. DJ's helix works GREAT with the big bore.

Shock wave now has both multi angle and reverse angle ramps in the lineup. As well the one i got anyways, the ramps are held in with pins you can change your ramps. Also was told they can custom grind these ramps if you so please. Right now there is a 4 degree change in the ramps IE base is zero and top end is 4.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shock wave now has both multi angle and reverse angle ramps in the lineup. As well the one i got anyways, the ramps are held in with pins you can change your ramps. Also was told they can custom grind these ramps if you so please. Right now there is a 4 degree change in the ramps IE base is zero and top end is 4.
I know they come with 4 degree ramps. 4 degrees isn't enough. Clutch setups that work (IE: Dynamo Joe and Winterbrew) have well over 10 degrees of spread.

Top Bottom