800R big bore kits....whose do you have, and how's it workin?

caution

Reaction score
this is my sled.i had a buddy post the dyno sheet .this engine was built at a&e in brooks.talk to dave.when the engine was built i told dave that i wanted an engine that was reliable.we could off got more out of it when it was ran in but stayed with the safe tune.now im trying one of rkteks 860.awsome engine.working with kelsey on some clutching.awsome guy to deal with.when i get that 860 the way kelsey wants it set up it to is going on the dyno.the power is in those two 860s.im sure /i no either of these engins will make 180 plus if i was to push them a little harder and still have a relieable engine.so the short and long of it the 860 has got the power.:perfect10:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1690 views.......interest....

once again ladies and gents, i don't mean to come across as an azz.... but.... its info wanted....... and any of you that have contributed ...HIGH 5's!...its people like you that are willing to devulge info to others that make places like this so awesome..... lots of people are readers only.... some are to shy to post. so the more info the better. We all benefit from this....good or bad, who has what and what works for them....Good or bad???

everyone wants a performer.....

Last edited:

caution

Reaction score
well like i said before 860 set up the right way will work .as for whos got the faster sled well ill leave it at that.not trying to start a pissing match but the guys that get on here bashing other guys work well you cant figure the rest out::ignore::ignore:.there no way in hell that an stock sled is any where close to a good runnig 860.so hope the dyno# proved the power is in the 860.well the 2 860 iv had .

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next to whats most commonly wrong with your XP. lets see your XP and ETEC issues this thread is one of the most popular......FYI

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant expect a dealer to show his stuff on a open form just so people can try and copy it or to shot it down etc etc these guys do this to put food on there table,but if you can i will be very suprised...

Nobody is asking to take food out of peoples mouths. once again i ask a question if SOMEONE has a picture they want to show us of porting and you make it more than it really is. this place is to help us all gain knowledge and then you make it like i am/
we are thieves trying to steal or criticze someones workmanship.... come on already, your being silly now. your statement "you can't expect a dealer/distributor (i added distributor. only because they help in the resale) to show off his or her product on a web forum for everyone to see".... well actually i do! if you can show it in your sales booth, showroom, website, magazine television interview.... why not here. its your product and if you feel its good/ the best. well then you should stand behind it and hey... if its poor ... well its sink or swim buddy.... don't matter what industry your in!.....period. if you have to hide something... dosen't that make you( the consumer) wary?

I didn't ask for blue prints to the space shuttle....all i asked for was pictures of porting... some people don't know what it looks like.... or what it is for that matter.....

Last edited:

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck with the pictures,maybe you can get dj to give you his helix specs as well when you do let me know,860 twin jaws,as older1234 would say grip and rip...,kelsey dont leave me hanging got any pics of some jugs ,split second a@e racing anybody,artic edge,i wont hold my breath on this one,lol,and im not trying to be a smart ass this is a little unrealistic in my books,man its hard sometimes to try and get a fellow rider to give up secrets,never mine engine builders,in the mean time i seen my porting but then again i payed for it so i made sure i stoped in to my builder to have a look he was kind enough to show me my jugs next to stock..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's Teeroy?
He started this chit show....
I'm keeping track, my tongue has a lot of bite marks on it. you know I can jab with the best of them but I want information....if I'm spending $2000+ I want some bang for my buck. I'm taking the Switzerland position here....neutral. we've got some good information so far, there are a hell of a lot more BB kit owners that have yet to post their experiences....patience grasshopper.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck with the pictures,maybe you can get dj to give you his helix specs as well when you do let me know,860 twin jaws,as older1234 would say grip and rip...,kelsey dont leave me hanging got any pics of some jugs ,split second a@e racing anybody,artic edge,i wont hold my breath on this one,lol,and im not trying to be a smart ass this is a little unrealistic in my books,man its hard sometimes to try and get a fellow rider to give up secrets,never mine engine builders,in the mean time i seen my porting but then again i payed for it so i made sure i stoped in to my builder to have a look he was kind enough to show me my jugs next to stock..
Tabster builds mountain sleds, his opinions and insight means a lot to me as I have ridden a few of his sleds and in my mind he knows his ch!t....he is asking the questions that make engine builders squirm. if you think for a second that each of these builders haven't had a look at each others' work before you are living in a dream world. how do you build a better mousetrap? by looking at the mousetrap and saying "I could do this a little different...."

whose mousetrap do you have? how is your mousetrap working?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my mousetrap isnt working any better than the origional mousetrap with a shorter flipper...:eek:
my mousetrap is in a whole bunch of pieces. would sure like to catch a few more mice before the end of the season tho.....

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my mousetrap is in a whole bunch of pieces. would sure like to catch a few more mice before the end of the season tho.....

Your mousetrap is kinda more like a Deadfall trap right no.....Jus' Say'n
I hope you find a kit soon Tee.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your mousetrap is kinda more like a Deadfall trap right no.....Jus' Say'n
I hope you find a kit soon Tee.
it's sort of like trying to find a wife thru the internet. pictures and descriptions are awesome....

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's sort of like trying to find a wife thru the internet. pictures and descriptions are awesome....

so what are you saying? are you scared she won't turn out like your told she will?

Dosen't matter how much lipstick you put on a Pig...........Its still just a pig!

Top Bottom