800R big bore kits....whose do you have, and how's it workin?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone else made a post about maybe some videos... how about that, pictures are always good also.... i like big jugs!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are a few videos from last year, have lots this year, just know time to upload them yet

these videos are from a chute in graves creek, i am on the first video with a 880 from splitsecond, and a 3 inch 162 track, second video is a stock xp and aftermarket head to compare, thrid video is a 860rkt with a 3 inch 174

snow was deep and heavy with a cornice near the top, the two bb had racersedge suspensions on them, climb was vertical as hell

i have tons more of videos, just need to edit them, more vids as well on ytube

YouTube - sleding 005.MOV

YouTube - sleding 007.MOV

YouTube - sleding 009.MOV

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are a few videos from last year, have lots this year, just know time to upload them yet

these videos are from a chute in graves creek, i am on the first video with a 880 from splitsecond, and a 3 inch 162 track, second video is a stock xp and aftermarket head to compare, thrid video is a 860rkt with a 3 inch 174

snow was deep and heavy with a cornice near the top, the two bb had racersedge suspensions on them, climb was vertical as hell

i have tons more of videos, just need to edit them, more vids as well on ytube
nice pull dude, I thought I could hear the revs pull down a bit on the first attempt. it sounded like it held rpm and was screaming on the successful climb. nice vids....:beer:

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Here are just a few vids..of some 860's There are plenty more on my youtube site.. feel free to check them out.. Amazing how VERY steep hills show up as almost bumps when put to video...

YouTube - 1-22-2011 RKT REV 860R 151 vs. Stock 2009 XP 163.avi

860 Vs. stock (great running XP)
Not sure why... but there is about a 26 sec delay at the start of this one..

YouTube - 1-22-11 2007 RK Tek REV 860R 151 against 2009 XP 163.avi #1
Another against the XP 163

YouTube - RK Tek 860R 151 climbing some Hills at 9000ft.avi 1-22-2011

Oh FredW... Still waiting for your response to my proposition... What happened?? I am giving you an opportunity of a life-time and at ZERO cost to you.. ALL the risk is on me... Seems like a "No-Brainer".. When You coming??

Kelsey

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are just a few vids..of some 860's There are plenty more on my youtube site.. feel free to check them out.. Amazing how VERY steep hills show up as almost bumps when put to video...

Oh FredW... Still waiting for your response to my proposition... What happened?? I am giving you an opportunity of a life-time and at ZERO cost to you.. ALL the risk is on me... Seems like a "No-Brainer".. When You coming??

Kelsey
nice to see you wade in Kelsey. can you give me an idea of how much hp one can expect out of a kit that will run on 91 octane? (stock pipe setup)

I appreciate your input, but ask that you please leave your anticipated rendez-vous plans with fred over on dootalk....:beer:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelsey, what HP and torque does your 860 kit generate on the 800r engine? stock exhaust, pump gas.......Honestly?

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Since we 1st developed this engine in 2006 (Dec), we have been constantly making changes and have found some real substantial gains every season (this season especially)
I do not want to get into HP number because it always starts a pissing contest.. But you can watch the videos and see the speed and accelleration that these 860's carry up VERY steep hills at 9,000FT..

I can tell you this.. That it takes ANY 800CC class turbo over 9PSI boost (at 8-10Kft) to compete with my 860's.. So, take that for what it is worth

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am in the market for a BB kit....
This is what i read on your website....

"The new 860R from RK Tek is rated at 180HP on 91 octane fuel with the stock exhaust system. Peak power is accomplished at 8300 rpm. The torque curve is extremely broad and linear which allows for VERY easy clutch tuning. Fuel economy is INCREASED over the stock 800R due to the more efficient engine"

I have numbers from differant dyno's 880 kits are not pulling this kind of numbers with exhaust and race fuel.....
so this leads me to believe that your 860 kit is the bomb!because this is what i am looking for, a pump gas kit.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like all of them... nobody has numbers to back them up. nobody wants to talk HP....but yet its what everyone in the industry uses as a standard of measurement....."what model is that... oh that one, it our 130 hp, this one is the 150 hp model"......what kind of turbo kit is that, its a 310 mcx kit..... and so on.

Its all claimed and taking word for it.... give me your 3 grand and oh, take my word for it......or
we can't give you that info because our competion will see.....lol
my interpertation..... we don't want you to really know the truth......lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Kelsey
wow, that rev in the vid is handing it to the xp! is that your personal sled or that of a customer? I would like to know what the clutching and gearing is on it, looks like great trackspeed.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will let you know next trip to kaispel, few others that would like to meet you as well, and i can pay my own way....

Kelsey

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry guys i hijacked turbostanges site.i run rktek 860.runs awsome.i am working with kelsey right now on clutching,i went a little overbord on the 15.1 head. the 15.1 head was my idea not kelsey.i just wanted to try it . going back to lower comp head.kelsey is a awsome guy to deal with.i had another 860 last year that i had dynoed.175 .115 torqe.kelseys motor feels that much better.ill try and get a buddy to post the dyno sheet today as i dont no how.860 are a good engine.every engine stock or big bore or turbo has to have a good clutch set up .dont get all rapped up in horse power numbers.the extra power is awsome .ive seen stock sleds walk all over 860/880.because they are not clutched right.who ever builds your engine spend the extra money and get them to set you up a good clutch set up.or there good clutch guys out there that will help.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just so were all clear. i know... and you know..... that if the clutching and gearing isn't set up... you can make all the HP you want , but if it is not getting to the ground its useless.......i got it. i figured that one out 20 years ago.
what i am asking for is how do we know these claimed numbers are there to begin with...... unless you crank dyno the engine.... am i wrong? or should i be happy with hear say? i have a turbo apex, its claimed to be 350 hp by the manufacture.... but really it is 264hp at 15 lbs. The kit is capable of 350 HP...on a built motor that is.

guess i just keep beating my head against the wall.

when i build my 860 or 880 bb kit... i am going to dyno before and after....so i have a baseline, then know actually what the kit makes for HP and ft/lbs T.

Last edited:

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where i come from a mans word is worth something,but in the mean time my brother has his dyno sheet and i will get mine,then just need to get my buddy over to post them.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where i come from a mans word is worth something,but in the mean time my brother has his dyno sheet and i will get mine,then just need to get my buddy over to post them.

i am old school also....i have done many a deal on a hand shake.....before, but i have become a sceptical on these kits now because i have seen claimed hp on these kits....and the dyno numbers are not there for what they claim.....when there is thousands of dollars involved and no proof of what they generate?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyway.... moving on, this is turning into a dead horse beating and everyone seems to be happy with "word"... so when you get a kit, and you install it and its not pulling what its claimed......... thats what word got yah...

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Ya know.. Dynos can be made to produce ANY HP figure you want (high or low) I have had numerous Dyno shops PURPOSELY make their dyno produce a low output number for various reasons...

In any case.. All I can tell you FOR SURE... is that the 860 we build will HANDIDLY outperform a stock sled ! This is guaranteed!

Also, What I know for sure, is that no matter what you get, from me or anybody else... FredW's 880 will destroy it!!:confused::beer:;)

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyway.... moving on, this is turning into a dead horse beating and everyone seems to be happy with "word"... so when you get a kit, and you install it and its not pulling what its claimed......... thats what word got yah...

Sometimes one has to go out on a limb and take someones word, no matter how many times one has been fd over. Me and a riding partner went out on word when it came to RKTEK with regards to their product, all i can say is keep up the good work and service, :trustme:
ps gonna post the dyno sheet tomorrow

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man it keeps getting better,im buying a dyno and putting skis and a track on it im calling it the 860 paper spitter people can ride behind me and get free dyno sheets.

Top Bottom