800R big bore kits....whose do you have, and how's it workin?

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like to see the dyno sheets still though. Lots of claiming with very little info to back it up. i guess what i am saying is i would like to see dyno results for these kits making the HP that they, they being the builders and the pilots claim...... why spend 3000 dollars on a big bore if it only makes 8 to 12 hp... and believe me this is proven by dyno testing. call me a dipchit, but that's a lot of $$$ for little return.
we are all taking someone elses word, Lots of claiming... no proof to back it.

I seen the dyno results for turbostangs sled and it was a solid 180hp and it actually flashed higher but it held solid at 180hp, also been in Brents shop as he done my brothers cat and got to talking to him about his big bores, said he has never seen less than 175 on the bb he has sent out, told us we were welcome to come look at the dyno results (but took his word). Dyno power means nothing if the rider dont know how to get that power to the track, could have 200plus and if not clutched right a stocker would beat it, dont get caught up in the dyno results as they can be miss leading.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the dyno results for turbostangs sled and it was a solid 180hp and it actually flashed higher but it held solid at 180hp, also been in Brents shop as he done my brothers cat and got to talking to him about his big bores, said he has never seen less than 175 on the bb he has sent out, told us we were welcome to come look at the dyno results (but took his word). Dyno power means nothing if the rider dont know how to get that power to the track, could have 200plus and if not clutched right a stocker would beat it, dont get caught up in the dyno results as they can be miss leading.

so what type of dyno are we talking about? a floor wheel or a crank dyno, like land and sea? i agree with you about getting the hp to the track, but if its not at the crank it doesn't increase from the crank to the chaincase and so on.

like i said, a whole lot of claiming and no data to back it up. if guys have had them dyno'd why not post there results....i'd love to see what these kits will do.....if there making whats claimed then there is no reason not to.....unless there is something to hide. JMO

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh now fred w is on snow and mud talking about the miracle 880. get your shovels out guys cause the bs is gonna get thick around this site like the others with fred and his 880 that is best thing since sliced bread, isnt that true fred.
while I appreciate your input, please keep the bullch!t to a minumum....there is enough of that going on in a lot of hp claims already.

I have been on the sled forums since '06, and read almost every 'doo big bore fight on dootalk, snowest, and hcr and don't want it to turn into that. a rolleyes is sufficient, everyone's picking up what you're laying down. I don't want people to fear they will be jumped on by posting their results good or bad. I have already received pm's saying exactly that, and have gotten information from these people that is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

so let's try and be a little different here on snow and mud, and keep the discussion civil. as much as I have poked at the mods here, I am sure they will agree with me, and axe any posts that do not relate to the topic if asked.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the dyno results for turbostangs sled and it was a solid 180hp and it actually flashed higher but it held solid at 180hp, also been in Brents shop as he done my brothers cat and got to talking to him about his big bores, said he has never seen less than 175 on the bb he has sent out, told us we were welcome to come look at the dyno results (but took his word).
thanks for the info, appreciated.

Dyno power means nothing if the rider dont know how to get that power to the track, could have 200plus and if not clutched right a stocker would beat it, dont get caught up in the dyno results as they can be miss leading.
I hope I do not have to read this statement posted ever again in this thread. I don't ride a dyno, and I believe I am a competent tuner. I've modded many sleds before there were sled forums to ask questions on, and it was all trial and error. It is also the biggest reason why after 30 years of riding I stick with stockers now....I am seriously doubting my own sanity for jumping into this again.

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree lets try and help one another mine was dynoed on crank dyno and my numbers are corrected,as for dyno sheets not to offend anybody but my tuner said alot of guys dont even no how to read the info,dont shoot the messager on that,meanwhile this site rocks ive got so much help on here its crazy dave b.,older1234,etc etc ,etc keep it going guys,ride safe...

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree lets try and help one another mine was dynoed on crank dyno and my numbers are corrected,as for dyno sheets not to offend anybody but my tuner said alot of guys dont even no how to read the info,dont shoot the messager on that,meanwhile this site rocks ive got so much help on here its crazy dave b.,older1234,etc etc ,etc keep it going guys,ride safe...

just curious, did you do it stock first and then after wards? of when it was all built up?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks dude, I also have received a lot of excellent info from members on this site. it has always been more relaxed here than other forums, not sure if it's a Canadian thing or what....lol.

there are many more people that read than post, and I'll bet a percentage of them have some experience with kits that people would like to hear about.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so its true that the 800R is 142 hp and 95 lbs/T @7900/8000 rpm.....not the claimed 151 HP.
anyone have differant numbers that this?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S. I don't have a BB kit...... hell, i don't even have a doo......lol

I want one.... so i can be as half as good as Teeroy and Maxwell ....both of which are the bestest riders ever!!!!! i pray bedside every night to have there gift.........my skidoo'n idols....

amen.....

Last edited:

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be nice to c sum vid on these 860's and 880's vs a stock or a 860 vs a 880 or what ever, c what kits that people put together and give sum ppl a idea what kit they buys...

rotaxtothemax

Reaction score
well i run a splitsecond 880 big bore 520 main jets 22.5 pilots 15 thou shim on needles twin jaws pipes flowed bye ralph timbersled cold air kit with pods 8150rpm 183.2 hp 117 ft lbs torque . thats av fuel with metalon add.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S. I don't have a BB kit...... hell, i don't even have a doo......lol

I want one.... so i can be as half as good as Teeroy and Maxwell ....both of which are the bestest rides ever!!!!! i pray bedside every night to have there gift.........my skidoo'n idols....

amen.....
no way I could keep up with maxwell. I hope we never actually ride with him so you will continue to think I know what I'm doing on a sled. just seeing him go by us that time in the back at Allan made me feel inferior

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see you have one as well..... do you have carbs bored, what reeds?? is your bottom end stock, trying to findhpfor mine, last i heard the twins pipes added 6hp, what compression you running... thanks

well i run a splitsecond 880 big bore 520 main jets 22.5 pilots 15 thou shim on needles twin jaws pipes flowed bye ralph timbersled cold air kit with pods 8150rpm 183.2 hp 117 ft lbs torque . thats av fuel with metalon add.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh now fred w is on snow and mud talking about the miracle 880. get your shovels out guys cause the bs is gonna get thick around this site like the others with fred and his 880 that is best thing since sliced bread, isnt that true fred.

you seam to be bitter, not sure what you ride are who you are, please give info, and what bs have you seen me say or due, sounds like we need to get out for a ride:d

Top Bottom