800HO short block

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking at ordering a short block for this 04 i just purchased.
Anyone have any suggestion on where i can get the best price?
im in no hurry, would it be better to order one from across the border with our dollar doing so well??

let me know what you guys think.
Cheers, mike

:vancouver:

toml

Reaction score
I have ordered some from different places. Tried CVTech, local doo dealer, etc. I would go the ebay route. It will be the cheapest. And since you are doing the work yourself, no warranty anyway. Some places offer more for core exchange as well, helps to recoup some of the shipping costs

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin's Motorsports in South Edmonton, ask for Bill. They had the best price when I purchased one in March. 780-438-2484

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, they weren't the best price, couple places in the states had WAY better prices but by the time you add shipping, customs or driving across to get it they had the best prices. PM me if you want the info for the companies in the states

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ordered some from different places. Tried CVTech, local doo dealer, etc. I would go the ebay route. It will be the cheapest. And since you are doing the work yourself, no warranty anyway. Some places offer more for core exchange as well, helps to recoup some of the shipping costs

90 day parts warranty on Brp shortblocks. One year if a dealer installs it. How much is warranty worth to you?:):beer:

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i just purchased one off ebay with 1200k on it for a very good price, i went this way because my engine isnt worth a dime because the case is no good crank isnt all that hot either. i price one out threw a bunch of dealers in canada and us and the pricing is ranging from 2300 to 2700 with core cost so i would have most likely have paid very close to those prices with my core.

Should be here next week sometime.
thanks guys and gals!

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it be a good idea to replace the crank seals before the engine goes in??
thanks again, mike

mark4

Reaction score
cheaper to rebuild it with a new rebuilt crank and dual ring cast pistons. 1 yr warranty on crank.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHERE is thge best place to by a short block in the US?

i have been having alot of luck with ebay... might wanna check in there someone might have a low KM engine out of a crash sled.... or else you will have to pay that 700 core charge fee.
cheapest i found was 1400+700core

Top Bottom