670 summit bogging

summit670

Reaction score
I have a 1998 ski doo summit 670x, it runs great until I start climbing for a while, then it starts bogging and will not rev over about 7000 rpm. I was wondering if it could be the dpm system or what is causing it... Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cowboy151

Reaction score
The 98's were noted for the DPM going on them but they usually stopped running all together. One situation I found on a past X was the plug wires had a minor break in them and after heating up, the engine would bog and sputter. When they cooled down, business as usual. I like to start with the easiest things first. One other area to look at is the float level setting. Are the Carbs loading up? Hope this helps.:cool:

snowngo

Reaction score
check your TRA what setting is it 3 or 4 is your belt geting worn ie to narrow and whats your gearing also whens the last time you had the TRA and Secondary cleaned your sled is a good sled .I have a 670 Summit and took it to Mountain Magic and they cleaned my TRA and Secondary and geared it down works great . CHOW

summit670

Reaction score
Thanks for the help on that! I also have a problem with my sled realy eating belts. I am not sure what to do. Is is clutch allignment, or could it be that I just had a really dirty secondary clutch? Thanks for the help.:(

truepenhead

Reaction score
sounds like it needs a cluch alignment. there is an adjustable shaft on your frame that butts up against your engine on the clutch side of your engine and it keeps your engine from torquing to the point of disturbing your clutch alignment. i would see if that stopper is there or if it is backed off to much. most likely needs a clutch alignment, something easier done in a snowmobile shop.

good luck

Top Bottom