2020 alpha WOT bog

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone reccomend a good clutch kit? We ride revelstoke 90% of the time.
I was very happy with the BDX / SSI kit. Specialty has them in stock I believe. It was a huge improvement over stock.

I'm running springs and helix recommended by Altitude this season with Dalton weights. So far, I'm not sure, but that's just riding around home. See how I feel about it at elevation in a few days.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was very happy with the BDX / SSI kit. Specialty has them in stock I believe. It was a huge improvement over stock.

I'm running springs and helix recommended by Altitude this season with Dalton weights. So far, I'm not sure, but that's just riding around home. See how I feel about it at elevation in a few days.

Ran a full BDX/SSI set up with the Jaws pipe on my Alpha last year, all worked flawless and really woke it up, clutch kit really pulled it together, super happy with it. Only minor complaint was the magnetic weights are kind of dumb as you have to pull the weight off the primary to make changes, but once I got it dialed in she’s 100%

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran a full BDX/SSI set up with the Jaws pipe on my Alpha last year, all worked flawless and really woke it up, clutch kit really pulled it together, super happy with it. Only minor complaint was the magnetic weights are kind of dumb as you have to pull the weight off the primary to make changes, but once I got it dialed in she’s 100%
That's the one nice thing about the Dalton weights, adjustable quickly on the sled.

The only reason I changed to something else was because my wife's primary had a crack, so I moved my clutches to her sled and got a new primary and kit for my sled.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big difference with the jaws pipe? Did you get a tune?

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah did the Jaws pipe, PC with their (SSI) tune, mtn head and clutching, some extra intake vents and the pro-tectair on the intake. Is a significant improvement over the stock performance, no regrets other than pissing around with clutch weights haha. Did the big shark on my ‘17 with a boondocker programmer and was a power gain but the current set up is worth the extra few bucks imo. Been keeping an eye on primary and, haven’t pulled the trigger on a zrp cover yet…

turbokid

Reaction score
If you go to Country Cat's site on the home page at the bottom you will see technical info. Click that and you can access a service manual. There is a lot of good info and if you have a decent meter you can do some ohm checks. Its a place to start looking. The exhaust valve spec is 36.5 mm +/- 1mm on my 2020 they were off right from the factory and they did cause some issues similar to what you have. Bogging can be caused by numerous issues all mentioned above some not on here are premium non ethanol fuel, snow ingestion, injection oil causing the exhaust valves to stick. You can also try some seafoam in the fuel and see if that helps.

Good luck

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some suggestions here, my sled is bogging hard at wot, probably only pulling 7000-7200 rpm. It seems like the problem is mostly related to it being under load, as if I am stopped and punch it wide it pulls to full rpm for a short amount of time. Changed the plugs, electrical connections are good, and the throttle cable is adjusted properly. TSS have been eliminated as I have a finger throttle. I’m thinking maybe exhaust valve cable not being adjust properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Make sure power valve cable did not slip off eccentric… this can be fixed on 20,s by installing a washer to mitigate future prob if this is issue.

Top Bottom