60 by 60 shop

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with just making a grate with small enough holes so tools don't fall in? If you can remove the grate then you can clean it out really easily. I'm interested because I'm actually building a 50 x 80 shop right now and I wasn't sure what kind of drain to put in it
What's wrong with just making a grate with small enough holes so tools don't fall in? If you can remove the grate then you can clean it out really easily. I'm interested because I'm actually building a 50 x 80 shop right now and I wasn't sure what kind of drain to put in it
I personally recommend this approach. Pour a 20” footing frame up a 2x6 gutter 12” wide and cover it with 5/8” plywood over hang on both sides. Cut some 1/2 plate and drill holes for the water. Mud stays on top and the water goes in the gutter.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it, some people just need to be sold something

t300

Reaction score

That’s what we did. Fun to have cnc plasma table, make it fancy

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be small enough that tools won't fall in and the concrete isn't suppose to chip and Crack around the drain.

A good stainless grate is perfect for both of those things. Even with a 1/2" wide opening, that's big enough for a lot of tools to fall into, and it would be very difficult to get them out.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good stainless grate is perfect for both of those things. Even with a 1/2" wide opening, that's big enough for a lot of tools to fall into, and it would be very difficult to get them out.
Sounds like Trudeau, a tool big enough to fall into canada and to difficult to get out.
now thats a real drain…on Canada

saskpraireboy

Reaction score
Have a look at ostacruiser on Utube. He is doing a very neat house, shop combo. Wouldn’t be for everyone I know but it’s cool.
Lotsa $ I’m sure

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stick build that size. We built a 75x80 on a 4’ foundation wall with 16’ ceilings insulated, sheeted and tinned for 130k in 2015. In 2017 we built my big paint shop, 100x80, 24’ ceiling, all steel, insulated, and only partially tinned inside. Granted it has finished offices up front and in floor heat, but ended up at 1.1m. The cost was not justifiable. Would never build that way again. I’m going to do a pole barn on the acreage this summer, but not finishing and heating. Just for toy parking. Gonna keep that one cheap. And no permits required for detached pole barns in leth county.

Top Bottom