509 Helmets

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told my wife i want a new 509 altitude helmet for christmas. So i went downtown and tried some on. My current helmet is a large and i tried the 509 large and it felt really tight. The guy said that the 509s loosen up after a while. Anyone who wears a 509 helmet, did you notice it loosen up a bit and are they supposed to fit fairly tight?

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep they do loosen up after a while! would get one thats fits fairly snug!

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing more annoying then a tight helmet. Every time you pull it off it damn near tears your ears off.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the the helmets are like the goggles keep your money, I am not impressed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought mine beginning of last season. it loosend up a bit but not so much that I would by a smaller size. still fits snug.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the the helmets are like the goggles keep your money, I am not impressed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are great compared to the goggles! I matched up a pair of klim goggles with my 509 helmet and they fit great and I now never fog up! I did not notice mine loosen up at all.

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
i like my carbon fibre one better than my others its light fits right I like them snug and i use aviator goggles which i think are the best never fog don't know why these other guys complain maybe heavy breathers!! but they fit in the helmet perfectly 509 and 509 yup makes sense!!

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i will get the xl. It felt closer to the feel of my current helmet. I just wasnt sure how much it would loosen up. Plus i didn't have a balaclava or anything on when i tried the helmets on.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i will get the xl. It felt closer to the feel of my current helmet. I just wasnt sure how much it would loosen up. Plus i didn't have a balaclava or anything on when i tried the helmets on.

Yah i was going to say, if it was tight no balaclava than its going to be really tight with one.

#canadastrong

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A balaclava unless its ridiculously thick should have no affect on how tight a helmet is. If anything, the helmet tends to slide on easier as it is not pulling down on your ears. Even the micro fleece ones are barely thicker than the average t-shirt.

A helmet should fit tight. It shouldn't be able to move on your forehead easily when moving the face guard up and down. Helmet liners do compress slightly over time leading to a looser fit.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is tight in the cheeks, that will pack out and form to your shape. If you are noticing pressure on your forehead or top of your head that helmet is too small for you. Opt for a larger size.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 and I love my carbon 509... I did think it was to tight for the first few days. now I don't notice it at all. Best helmet Ive had.
If it is tight in the cheeks, that will pack out and form to your shape. If you are noticing pressure on your forehead or top of your head that helmet is too small for you. Opt for a larger size.

Top Bottom