370 safari

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my daughter's sled would fire up and run for a bit until it gets warm wtf???? Change all fuel lines, new fuel pump pull the carb and clean. Everything looks good and fires right up. Ideals like a dream, give it some throttle and it bogs out. Open the carb again and the needle is detached from the slider. Not too familiar with these Mikuni carbs, obviously there must be a snap ring that holds this in place or is the brass on the needle just wore out??? Find a tiny snap ring or replace the carb?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New clip installed, again ideals just awesome, give it throttle and dies after 50ft.

Any ideas?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carb fully removed, taken apart, removed pine needles, rust and other junk. Checked vacuum line, jets sprayed through clean, reinstalled carb sled fired up and idled even better made it about 300m this time before dying. Primed again, fires up and goes but dies just like before. I'm thinking the tank needs to come off and see what's going on there because everything after is new, rebuilt or very clean. Is there a screen/filter on these pickup tube?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carb fully removed, taken apart, removed pine needles, rust and other junk. Checked vacuum line, jets sprayed through clean, reinstalled carb sled fired up and idled even better made it about 300m this time before dying. Primed again, fires up and goes but dies just like before. I'm thinking the tank needs to come off and see what's going on there because everything after is new, rebuilt or very clean. Is there a screen/filter on these pickup tube?
I would expect so. Pickup line could be curved up in the tank. Is the tank full all the time?

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Had similar prob on our old safari it was a fuel diaphragm not sure if it’s called fuel pump it’s a flat metal rectangle about 5/8” thick and 2”x3” big has a black rubber on it kinda like a frog skin I had to replace that as the rubber was letting air in

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New fuel pump and yes the tank is full, not to the top but I can see it, almost touch it

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fan belt tight? Metal spark plug caps taken off? Could be a bad coil
Very confident it's a fuel issue unless there is something else I'm missing. The idle is flawless

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very confident it's a fuel issue unless there is something else I'm missing. The idle is flawless
Was thinking maybe it overheats after a short run. East to check. Got to look at everything that could cause it to bog or quit

Top Bottom