3" track

xp val

Reaction score
I have a 2013 XM 163"on the way and thinking about changing the stock track out and go with the 3" track. what else needs to be changed....ie. gearing and clutching....?
Also will this be a noticable difference from the stock track.
Thank you in advance for your input and ideas.

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all you should have to do is put 7 tooth drivers on and it will be a huge difference from the stock track

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Technically all you need to do is change to 7 tooth avids, but everyone I know that has only gone to 7 tooths has lost paddles off their tracks. I think you have to do a drop and roll to not have your lugs come off eventually.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm into my 3" and drivers for $1785. as long as you are getting the "old" style track that has lugs the full 16" wide.
IMO its the single best bang for your buck mod there is.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm into my 3" and drivers for $1785. as long as you are getting the "old" style track that has lugs the full 16" wide.
IMO its the single best bang for your buck mod there is.

I agree. Put on about 1500 miles last year and still have all lugs. Doing the Golden Triangle was part of the miles.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have two used sets of 7 tooth advid drivers for sale, went with rolled cases and have them sitting on the bench. 150$pair pm me

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol the set i had on my turbo sled were used, never had any issues

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
I also have the older 3" CE with avid 7T drivers...no missing lugs....no issues. Did not change the gearing and tweaked the clutching, but that was because of the engine and not the track.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never heard that before, why would repressing cause issue

It's always been practice to not re use drivers...BUT, most of the good reason dates back to the days of the smaller hex shafts. They fit much looser the 2nd time around and are more prone to slide or spin on the shaft. My guess is it would be less of an issue on the newer style shaft, BUT they do still go on much easier the 2nd time. I suppose the cost of a set of drivers and the time it takes to pull the skid/shaft and re-do drivers IF they slide...and possibly take out a track or ruin a days ride would be worth the cost. That stuff always happens on a epic sunny day with a pile of fresh. :)

Reaction score
I ride 30ish days in the mtns.

put a 3 incher on my XP last year. just used the 7tooth drivers. ~40hp over stock

no issues with the track coming apart. did not baby it at all

Figured i can replace the track once and still be ahead $wise rather than going with the extendocase.

Top Bottom