3 more sledders missing in Sicamous

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were scanning through them but I now understand that they found out through a friend that we usual FRS6
It took a long time to learn you actually had radios and there was some confusion as to whether or not you were on FRS 6 or 7. By the time we had that info our BCA radios were very low on battery power.

broncit

Reaction score
Very thankful that you guys did find out in time. For future we will definitely be sharing more information like that with family and friends.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very thankful that you guys did find out in time. For future we will definitely be sharing more information like that with family and friends.

Excellent, I think better communication of the trip plan is important when things go sideways.

another suggestion, put a piece of paper in your vehicle window, we are on FRS channel X

This is helpful and something that SAR should check for before starting out.

There's another thread on this but carrying an inreach, at least one in the group is critical for a timely rescue when SHTF.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent, I think better communication of the trip plan is important when things go sideways.

This is helpful and something that SAR should check for before starting out.

There's another thread on this but carrying an inreach, at least one in the group is critical for a timely rescue when SHTF.

I'm going to make up a sheet once my group decides on a channel for my dashboard.

Our riding is going to be tamer for a while, we'll have our 1 year old with us a lot of the time in a carrier on our backs, so we'll be definitely toning it down, and be more about the exploring and touring and keeping him entertained.

Top Bottom